Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would you like to or wish you had learned during sexual education?

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
Hi everyone!  :)

I'm working closely with a charity that aims to get better sexual education in schools and colleges that Taylor to what people wish to learn.

Is there anything you want to learn more about or wish you had learned?
This can be anything from the actual physics of sex, to sti prevention, to contraception/pregnancy, to more same sex based advice/facts and more! 

Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Best wishes x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    "But I guess it's better to be miseducated than to be uneducated?"
    I definitely agree with this statement Aidan!  While many people feel they are not getting what they want to know and surely aren't at least places are getting something rather than nothing.

I find the choice in education they gave you fascinating, consent, choice of dress and contraception/sti prevention is surely a shared topic. 

Approximately 12,000 men are raped and sexually assaulted in England and Wales every year so it can definitely affect both sexes! 

1 in 6 men will experience domestic abuse in their lifetime so that's surely something that should be addressed.

I feel like types of abuse should also be covered more,  as sexual assault is not the only and there is many others like domestic(as mentioned above) and emotional to name a few. 
    It would be great to get more info on these Rolling and giving the warning signs for everyone to be more safe. 

Sexual health clinics are definitely not as talked about and can provide the information that wasn't taught,  and support with many things such as abuse(for both sexes) pregnancy, what next steps someone who is pregnant would like to take,  and Can refer someone to counselling if they are struggling with what step to take next. 

They can also fit and prescribe contraception, and are trained in these procedures so people may find it more beneficial to get it from them. They also test for STIs, provide condoms for free, provide the morning after pill,  and best of all they are confidential and most young people's clinics allow people as young as 12 to use their services provided they can understand the information given. 

There are many around and you will always often then not have one not far from you. 

They are a great source for sexually active youth and should definitely be included more.

Many thanks and best wishes :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    The location of the g-spot 
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    peachysoopeachysoo Posts: 151 Helping Hand
    Completely agree with all of Aidan's suggestions, and also with your own about same sex relationships, since they tend to get little to no recognition at least in my school's sex ed sessions.

I remember my friend and I also discussing how there's so much focus on preventing pregnancies, but (even if it's quite obvious now) there's no information on how to safely conceive once you feel ready.

-peachysoo