Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this okay?

AshleenAshleen Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
So I'm 17 and I mean this is kinda awkward to write down..
But I'm gonna try..
So I've dealt with a lot in my life..
and I'm just confused people say have sex when your ready right?
Is it normal to want to wait till your married? 
Like is that a normal thing for teenagers or anyone really to think?
Or is it just weird?
I'm trying to figure out if its normal to think this way..
So if this is weird, awkward, or just doesn't make any sense...

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hiya :)

I can't give a definite answer because everyone is the same so I hope others Clem and share their opinion x

I for one have never thought about waiting until I was married I just waited until I found the right person for me and that was good enough for me,  bare in mind I'm not religious personally.

If I were religious I guess it would of been different but the thought of waiting until marriage has always scared me for some reason,  going through the whole marriage process to find out your bro sexually compatible sucks but on the other hand losing your virginity to each other i's special and a great wedding gift. 

It's all up to the person and their opinion :) 

Best wishes x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Im not religious either.. I was raped 3 years ago and ever since Ive said im gonna wait till I'm married.. My parents think its weird and I m not sure why
  • Options
    Candlestick56Candlestick56 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    Hey @Ashleen,

Lots of people wait until they are married before they have sex. There is nothing wrong, or weird to want to do that at all! Especially if you have been through the kind of experience you have.
    Does it bother you that your parents think it's weird?

At the end of the day, the decision is yours and not theirs. The reason people say you should wait until you're ready is because everyone is ready at different times, so in a way there is no 'normal', it's just up to you what feels right.

• Options
    It does bother me that my parents think its weird... I just don't want to do anything that is a mistake you know? 
    I wanna wait till I find the right person.. My parents think its a little off... It hurts a little
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ashleen said:
    It does bother me that my parents think its weird... I just don't want to do anything that is a mistake you know? 
    I wanna wait till I find the right person.. My parents think its a little off... It hurts a little
    I'm really sorry to hear of your parents thoughts/opinions :( 

Remember that it is 100% your choice,  I did it when I felt it was right and I'm so happy in my life and choices and you get the right to choose when you want to lose your virginity too :) 

Don't let others thoughts get you down do it when you feel comfortable to and it will always be right x

Best wishes!  <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Thank you both for your help!!
    Means a lot to me.
    I'm gonna stick to my rules its my life right? So I'll do what I please as long as its good for me... 
    But thank you laine, and candlestick56!!