Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stunned

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
I'm shaken. And anxious at my sudden and unexpected increase of funds. I would appreciate any suggestions of how we may proceed.

The housekeeper of my ex's country house found a new Last Will and Testament belonging to my later mother. It was dated 5 December 2017 and had been found in my ex's bedroom.

My aunt accompanied us to London where yesterday it was opened at her lawyers, Mishcon de Reya. They said this will superseded the previous and that the country house and its fixtures and fittings, also my late mother's jewellery and timepece collection had been left solely to me. My late mother whom I'd always believed hated me, left me a fortune. Emotionally I'm everywhere. :'(

My ex admitted to hiding the will to prevent me from inheriting. In the lawyer's office she reacted dreadfully, lashing out so brutally that she had to be restrained. I am stunned. Mishcon de Reya have a reputation for excellence. They are presently making arrangements for Sophie and I to be comfortable and settling any taxes arising. We came home in the early hours of this morning. It's been a dreadful two days. :/

I have decisions to make regarding my finca (Spanish farmhouse) and think it would be prudent to expand it to become a larger bed & breakfast. This would be good since we're already booked up for July. The property already has a summer kitchen including a winter kitchen with its old fireplace. Planning permission doesn't need to be applied for interior renovation. The finca's stone exterior has to maintained of which repairs are ongoing. The property is 3 stories high with outbuildings that can be restored. It has balconies that overlook the sea. It's an indeal setting for a bed & breakfast, and could provide us with welcome income.

What I do intend though is to donate to a Mallorcan school for children with special educational needs. I've always wanted to do that. As for my ex, she continues refusing to reimbursing me for my broken music contract in addition to causing willful damage to my property. I have instructed Mishcon de Reya to take her to court, pursuing costs of over €300,000 plus legal expenses. I don't understand why she has been so spiteful. She's a multimillionaire and will never have financial worries. I never wronged her. I remain perplexed and anxious and have received threats to harm Sophie and me. 

I went home via France to collect some stuff. Jet lag is catching up and I think I'll need to rest. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it very much.

It's good to come home. Home to Mallorca.

Mandy

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I am deeply sorry that you have been caused such distress, but Mother's latest will was absolutely not found in my bedroom, but the housekeeper found it in the library's safe of which she held the key. I would never have kept your name off the property's deeds, and had I known of the existence of that new will made on 5 December 2017, would not have contested your right of ownership.

This coming Tuesday 29th May, full payment of the €300,000 owing plus legal expenses will be reimbursed you by Banker's Order plus €115,000 which will be your loss of earnings from leaving my band which includes royalties. Any further royalties accruing from your recordings will continue being paid, Please, if you have any more claims, @Floxy , let my lawyers know.

I cannot apologise enough, but blame my drink problem to be the cause of the breakup of our relationship. In the meantime while I am having rehab, I hope you will find forgiveness for me, and I wish you and Sophie happy days in your lives together in Mallorca.

With love,

~ Belle

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Mirabelle said:
    I am deeply sorry that you have been caused such distress, but Mother's latest will was absolutely not found in my bedroom, but the housekeeper found it in the library's safe of which she held the key. I would never have kept your name off the property's deeds, and had I known of the existence of that new will made on 5 December 2017, would not have contested your right of ownership.

This coming Tuesday 29th May, full payment of the €300,000 owing plus legal expenses will be reimbursed you by Banker's Order plus €115,000 which will be your loss of earnings from leaving my band which includes royalties. Any further royalties accruing from your recordings will continue being paid, Please, if you have any more claims, @Floxy , let my lawyers know.

I cannot apologise enough, but blame my drink problem to be the cause of the breakup of our relationship. In the meantime while I am having rehab, I hope you will find forgiveness for me, and I wish you and Sophie happy days in your lives together in Mallorca.

With love,

~ Belle

Thank you for your generosity of heart.

Mandy x
This discussion has been closed.