Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what feels like the worst time when it should be the best..

chasope123chasope123 Posts: 1 Just got here
right so this is a longggg story!
i was 18 years old when i found out i was pregnant, i had just lost my nana and this gave me some light in the darkest time, my friends all abandoned me as they did not want anything to do with me i was alone, i have the best and most supportive family and an amazing boyfriend. My boyfriend moved in with me and my parents and things seemed to be getting better!
during my pregnancy i got extremely angry and annoyed at the littlest things and even lashed out throwing stuff this was totally out of character for me but me and my boyfriend put this down to hormones. a few days before i gave birth i found out my boyfriend had cheated, i found it in my heart to forgive him as things were bad at home and he was going through a rough time personally, and once our baby was here everything seemed perfect! he’s now 6 months old and we are so in love with him. the only problem is me. i still get annoyed and angry but only with my boyfriend??? he doesn’t do anything wrong and i am constantly having a go and for some reason i can not stop myself i know i shouldn’t and he has put up with so much i feel like i need help but i don’t know how to do this so any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi @chasope123 Welcome to our forums :)

You might be suffering some latent post natal depression, so it would be best if you make an appointment and talk to your doctor. It's not a good idea to self-diagnose on google, so get the best advice from your GP.

Best wishes,

Mandy
  • Options
    Candlestick56Candlestick56 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    Hi @chasope123
    I'm not sure I would agree with @Floxy here. I don't think it sounds like you're suffering from post natal depression. I think this has more to do with your relationship with your boyfriend. From what you've said, it sounds like while you might have forgiven him in a way, there may be a sense in which you have not completely forgiven him. Full forgiveness can take time. It's one thing to know you want to forgive someone and make things work, but getting there emotionally is another thing. It's normal that there would be part of you that still feels sad and maybe betrayed by what he did and that could explain why you're finding yourself getting so easily annoyed at him. The best thing to do is to be as open as you can with him about you feel, even if it's a case of saying "I don't know why but I'm feeling really irritable today". The more you talk about it, the easier it will be and if you truly do want to forgive him, you will. It just might take some time...