Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

swimsuits...help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys! so im having a little dilemma (kinda)...
I'm going for a school trip in June where there is going to be a beach and i really REALLY want to get out my comfort zone and wear a nice swimsuit. however, I am very self conscious of my tummy and my thighs...I have bad, faded stretch marks around my thighs and hate seeing them and my tummy isnt the flattest out there. is there anything i could do to overcome this self consciousness?

Comments

• Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Lil.Amy, :wave:

Thanks for posting your dilemma. Sounds like it's a tricky situation for you but it's really good that you've shared this and you're looking for some help with this. You were saying that you really want to get out of your comfort zone and wear a nice swimsuit, but you're very self conscious and wanted to see if there's anything you could do to overcome this. Have you been able to speak to anyone else about feeling self conscious? How long have you been feeling this way for?

• Options
    Steph wrote: »
    Hi Lil.Amy, :wave:

Thanks for posting your dilemma. Sounds like it's a tricky situation for you but it's really good that you've shared this and you're looking for some help with this. You were saying that you really want to get out of your comfort zone and wear a nice swimsuit, but you're very self conscious and wanted to see if there's anything you could do to overcome this. Have you been able to speak to anyone else about feeling self conscious? How long have you been feeling this way for?

I have spoke to my mum about this many times before but she always told me i have nothing to worry about etc. Sometimes i am quite happy with my body but other times i wish i was just a little slimmer here and there. Its been a while since i've felt like this again though, i used to be really REALLY self conscious but i aort of overcame it and its back again :( i think its just because im getting a bit older and everyones getting in relationships or something
  • Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Lil.Amy, :)

Good to hear that you've been able to speak to your mum about it. It's OK to sometimes feel self conscious, it's really good that you're speaking to us about how you're feeling. You were saying that its been a while since you felt this way and you think that its because you're getting a bit older. What was it that you did to overcome it last time can we ask?

• Options
    Lil.Amy wrote: »
    Hi guys! so im having a little dilemma (kinda)...
    I'm going for a school trip in June where there is going to be a beach and i really REALLY want to get out my comfort zone and wear a nice swimsuit. however, I am very self conscious of my tummy and my thighs...I have bad, faded stretch marks around my thighs and hate seeing them and my tummy isnt the flattest out there. is there anything i could do to overcome this self consciousness?

I think you need some new swimsuits keep your body.
  • Options
    saranat25saranat25 Posts: 2 Newbie
    what type of swim suits you are looking for?
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    saranat25 wrote: »
    what type of swim suits you are looking for?
    Hey, and welcome to the community. :wave:

This thread is over two years old now so I'm going to close it. Generally we don't resurrect threads once they're inactive for more than a couple of months.

Happy posting!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.