Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nope

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
I know we all struggle in are own ways with this and that big issue's and small issues. There comes a point when we can't continue with things anymore and things get to much for us ... in short Help?!

I know there is no easy way to say this but i have sh ... i am stupid for letting myself do this.
I though a weekend of no college work, still caring a bit and getting some fresh-air might do me some good but it didn't next days sh. I take tablets to control some urges but sometimes they won't work.

I know i can't expect to be great straight a way but it would be nice to start to feel better soon but i will be surprised if i will.

Sorry

Abi
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Really don't know who to trust anymore ... I have 2 friends i can trust now who won't say anything to college. Just come off the phone to a member of staff from college about sh and how i'm feeling and that phone has had me feel worse. Would you tell on your friend about there sh? No because honour there friendship so why would someone do that to them.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey Abigail,

I'm sorry you're struggling right now but it's great that you have sought help and have tablets to help control your urges, it's the first step to getting better. Just to let you know, many people struggle with what you are struggling with right now, so you are not alone and you shouldn't think of yourself as 'stupid' for this reason.

You mentioned how sometimes the tablets won't work, perhaps you could talk about thsi with your GP? It's also great that you have dedicated some time to yourself, maybe you could find a new hobby or watch a new T.V show to help put you at ease and to distract yourself from your urges.

It's also understandable how you feel betrayed by your friend telling someone about what you're going through, but perhaps it was coming from a good place and they wanted to help you if anything.

Keep us updated :)

-Nish
    I have been taking time to regather myself and let my tablets re work again after having certain things in my system a couple of weeks ago. I am a lot better now and my tablets are working again so i am very much happy with that. You know your on tablets when you have to plan ahead with tablets for the next week.

I just want to make it through the next few weeks without doing anything and i will be back to normal Abi who can handle everything (might even be able to come back and support ;))

Thanks @nish215 in answer to your question i would only go to my GP if the tablets don't work for multiple days in a row.

Abi
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Abi,

How are you feeling today?

It's reassuring to hear that your tablets are working again and that you'd feel able to speak to your GP if they weren't working for a few days. Do you have any distraction techniques that help you too?

How are things with your friend? It sounds like you were feeling a little betrayed by them talking to the teacher about you. Like Nish mentioned, it sounds like it was coming from a good place and that they really care about you. But it's understandable to feel hurt by this too. I hope things are okay between you both :)

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hey @Aife

I don't know how i'm feeling.

Right now any distraction techniques i have to stop me from doing anything haven't been working so i am just continuing like always. I am glad the tablets are working as I really need something to keep me save will I'm in London. Although i have managed to watch all of 13 reasons why in 2 days and i might start watching gossip girl next.

Me and my friend are still not at full talking point right now but I will end up talking to them soon. Just need to give it time.

Speak soon

Abi
    Hey @Abigail

That's okay, sometimes it can be hard to know exactly how we're feeling. Are things feeling worse or a little better since you posted this thread? Don't worry if you're not sure, that's okay too :)

That's good that the tablets are helping with things, but it can be tricky finding a distraction technique that also works when we're having these urges. Which ones have you been trying? Perhaps we can suggest a few other techniques that you could try. TV shows can be a good distraction too, Gossip Girl is amazing!

Earlier you mentioned that you felt worse after the phone call with your teacher. Was there anything helpful that she talked about? Like what support your college could offer you there?

I hope things do feel better with your friend, it sounds like you're feeling really hurt by what they did. Sometimes a bit of time can help :)

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hey @Aife

I am still the same. Wish i could say i am a touch better but no i'm not oh well.

Distraction techniques i've been using are music, watching netflix and trying to look after myself and not others. I can't get into Gossip Girls at the moment I will try again another time.

College are looking at local service that might be able to support me with my caring role and my self-harm urges. Like always its my own chose to accept support. Anything will be better than going back into the young carers scheme in my area.

Things will work them self out soon they always do.

Speak soon

Abi
    Hey @Abigail

It's okay to still feel the same, it can take some time for us to feel a little better, although it's understandable for this to feel frustrating. It sounds like you're taking some great steps already to try and look after yourself. Keep reaching out here when you need to, there's always someone around to listen :)

Have you come across this self-harm coping tips and distractions article on The Mix before? There's an a-z list of distraction techniques that you might find helpful. Netflix can also be a great distraction, there's some really great shows on there at the moment. Gossip Girl does take a bit of time to get into, you could also try Gilmore Girls. That's quite easy to get into and it's another one of my favourites!

It's reassuring to hear that your college are looking into local services for you. How do you feel about the support they are offering? Do you think it's something you might like to try?

Hope you're having a nice day today :)

- Aife
    Hey @Aife

I have had a lovely few day down in sunny London not! Might not of been very relaxing but it's been a change and something to keep me busy so I will take it.

I will have a look at it later if thats ok but I haven't seen it before. Thanks for passing it on to me. I will try gossip girl again in a couple of months I will look at different things and see if something takes my fancy. I think our jelly and charly mentioned Riverdale so I might watch it.

It's quite hard asking for support from college as i am so independent its hard to ask support. I am always up for trying but if I get better over these two weeks then I probably won't access support ... take each day as it comes now.

Hope your well

Abi
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hi Abi,

I am glad that you have had a great few days in London and its great to hear its been sunny as that's not like the rainy England which is normally around. Sorry that it wasn't relaxing but hope you had a great time and you are able to find something more relaxing to do soon. Do you have anything which you can plan to do to react?

Finding something to watch that you are able to get into is a great thing to do and can give you a bit of time to find some time for yourself.

Well done for taking each day as it comes and asking for support can be something which is really hard to do and excepting that we need support can be hard to. Would you like support?

Hope your all good.

Rayofhope:rainbow::rainbow2:
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
    Rayofhope wrote: »
    Hi Abi,

I am glad that you have had a great few days in London and its great to hear its been sunny as that's not like the rainy England which is normally around. Sorry that it wasn't relaxing but hope you had a great time and you are able to find something more relaxing to do soon. Do you have anything which you can plan to do to react?

Finding something to watch that you are able to get into is a great thing to do and can give you a bit of time to find some time for yourself.

Well done for taking each day as it comes and asking for support can be something which is really hard to do and excepting that we need support can be hard to. Would you like support?

Hope your all good.

Hey @Rayofhope

I have a few days out planned with friends next week but i don't know if i will stay long with them. I find asking for support one of the hardest things to do. I have been independent for so long and i have dealt with so much on my own. It sound crazy but i would prefer to continue the way i am with the same support networks than have more. I'll probably follow the college system and keep telling them i am fine and its just a blip and if support comes from it i will cross that bridge when i come to it.

Speak soon

Abi
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Abigail wrote: »
    Hey @Aife

I have had a lovely few day down in sunny London not! Might not of been very relaxing but it's been a change and something to keep me busy so I will take it.

I will have a look at it later if thats ok but I haven't seen it before. Thanks for passing it on to me. I will try gossip girl again in a couple of months I will look at different things and see if something takes my fancy. I think our jelly and charly mentioned Riverdale so I might watch it.

It's quite hard asking for support from college as i am so independent its hard to ask support. I am always up for trying but if I get better over these two weeks then I probably won't access support ... take each day as it comes now.

Hope your well

Abi

I'm currently in college. The way i try to avoid doing things that could damage yourself and others is distracting myself by playing xbox or cycling
    Also asking for support is hard.
    Hi Abi,

How you doing now? Its great that you did have a few days with friends did you find that you were able to help you be able to give you a bit of time and space.

Always here for you.
    Rayofhope wrote: »
    Hi Abi,

How you doing now? Its great that you did have a few days with friends did you find that you were able to help you be able to give you a bit of time and space.

Always here for you.
    Hey,

I am not too bad. Had a lot on my plate with various things from college work to grief to friends going missing and that's just this week so I am very much just finding a way to deal with it all but looking after myself at the same time.

Hope your well

Speak soon

Abi
    Hi Abi,

Its good to here that you aren't to bad, sounds like collage has been busy have you got any exams coming up? Great that you are finding a way to look after yourself even with lots of things going on.

Hope your all alright.

• L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Thanks and yeah college is ussually ok and i have my exams on 24th,(Maths) 5th (English),7th (Maths) 8th (English) and 12th (Maths)