Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Food for thought: there aren't any boring people, just incompatible personalities

peachysoopeachysoo Posts: 151 Helping Hand
Hi everyone,

I a post somewhere a little while saying something along the lines of: "I'm only boring if I'm not comfortable with you". The post really resonated with me, so much to the extent that I still think about it today!

For me, as an introvert naturally, I guess tend to appear quite quiet and boring (especially since I'm quite a serious hardworking person in school), but that's only on a surface level - there's so much more to me that most people don't see, whether it be due the appropriateness of the situation, or the comfort I feel around other people. Similarly, I'm fully sure this is the same for so many other people, if not everyone else (though perhaps not to the same extent as those with perhaps more extroverted and transparent personalities)! It's such a shame, because so many traits and qualities of people go unnoticed and unappreciated, I think.

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this - do you agree? Is it possible to get over this in relationships, and how?

I look forward to hearing all your replies :)

-peachysoo

Comments

• Options
    FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey @peachysoo :)

I completely agree with you!! I used to be really similar to how you said to be! When I was younger I was really shy and I was always considered the serious one at school, as if seriousness and fun couldn't be together.
    well, in my personal opinion there is nothing wronger!! You can be introvert and really interesting at the same time! I think that what really makes a difference is finding someone (a friend or a partner, it doesn't matter) who fully understands you and goes beyond the 'façade'. It's something that happens easier when you grow up, because as you became 'older' you start realizing that what matters is what people have deep in their hearts. All the rest is appearance.
    Sometimes the more introvert a person is, the better it is to have a relationship with him/her, just because it gives you the possibility to start knowing each other slowly and you never stop learning something new about the other!
    So, no introvert and boring are not synonyms to me! It's really the opposite!! ;)