Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anger

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Any ways i can release anger in a positive way at home?
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hello Jacob :) Maybe you need to address what is winding you up in the first place. Maybe you should write down your anger, what is upsetting you so acutely inside? I do this, for writing connects my mind with my hand, so out flows the ink in words that spill out from my feelings and I don't stop to make grammatical mistakes or dot my i's or cross my t's. (It's also a good pre-writing exercise!) - Out pour my feelings like a snake of wrath, and I have much bubbling over in the cauldron of my heart. Or, I punch a pillow though that causes me to cry. But crying is a good safety valve, surely? A means of coping + a box of tissues.

And today, today I went to the beach to throw great stones into the sea: Each stone representing something I'm determined to rid myself of. Too bad I got wet in the splashback!

And then when evening falls like soon, to bring peace to my troubled heart, I will light a candle and play my Martin guitar, its mellow sound will feel soothing as it reverbs against my chest.

I found this and thought of you. http://www.beliefnet.com/wellness/personal-growth/seven-ways-to-release-anger-out-of-your-body.aspx - Maybe you can use some of it.

It was lovely talking to you last night. :)

~Belle
  • Options
    MochanMochan Posts: 65 Boards Initiate
    Hi Jacob. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling angry right now. What's been happening today? Have you spent any time outside in the fresh air?
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Mochan wrote: »
    Hi Jacob. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling angry right now. What's been happening today? Have you spent any time outside in the fresh air?

My parents not accepting me for me being a trans male, i am fucking sick of it. Its like they just won't let me be me!
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey Jabob, sorry you're feeling so angry right now, what normally helps me is writing or drawing... i tend to write a letter style thing to whoever has made me angry, just to get all my emotions out, then i either burn it or turn it into paper mache so no one can read it :) hope it can help a bit for you :heart:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    tashtastictashtastic Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hey @jacob101

You could try exercising, cycling really helps me relax. Something like running or even boxing could help let off some steam.

Another option is to talk about how you feel on a regular basis so things don't build up. If you feel okay with it, you could try some counselling sessions and see whether it helps. You can get a counsellor through a gp or wellbeing services. There may also be self-referral services in your area which could be worth checking out if you don't want to talk to your gp about your situation.

Hope this helps

Tash :)
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Jacob101

Hopefully your new membership at the gym will help :yippe: but something I also do when I get angry/upset is to put some headphones in and start watching random youtube videos. It's usually cute/funny dogs for me... Helps me forget about stresses and enjoy myself for a bit at least!

- Lucy :heart:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend