Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anti-Depressants/Medication

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am prescribed to take 200mg Sertraline every am and 50mg trazadone every pm but I've not felt able to take either of these since November time :s I went from this dosage to nothing and now I feel worried about the effects this has (unknowingly) caused as well as difficulties there could be if I suddenly start taking them again :s I could do with some advice, please? Thank you all xx

Comments

• DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey HannahBannanna,

Unfortunately we aren't experts here at The Mix. The best recommendation we can give you is to definitely speak to your GP about this and they can give you the right information regarding your worries! One thing I know that my friend does is she calls a chemist and they can also advise you on possible effects of the drugs!

Hope it goes well and have a great day!

Drea:heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's okay! I appreciate that! I was just looking for some advice as to what I could do about the worries. But speaking to the gp or someone at the chemist is a good idea and I'll give that a go in the morning. Thank you :)
    Hi HannaBannanna

I just wanted to say that it can be scary taking antidepressants, I think it is a really good idea to speak to your pharmacist and GP, tell them how you are feeling and your concerns. Think about when you did take them if they helped and in what way and you can discuss this with your GP.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Haze
    :heart:
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Google up the side effects of those meds, list any you recognise, but don't self-diagnose. Book a telephone consultation with your doctor and get advice, and go from there.
    I never self-diagnose as personally, I find that a very stupid thing to do.
    I was due to have an appointment with the psychiatrist but due to unforeseen circumstances, he had to cancel.
    It has been a long time already since I've not been taking them and this too was a stupid thing to do.
    The side effects of these antidepressants are awful, too. But though you seem to be coping reasonably well without them, you must re-book an appointment with your psydoc as soon as possible.
    @Mirabelle Please may I ask where you got that from ('You seem to be coping reasonably well without them'?)
    @Mirabelle Please may I ask where you got that from ('You seem to be coping reasonably well without them'?)

I said that because you are sounding quite good when replying. When I read a post, sometimes I can feel a sense of what the other is thinking or feeling. My adoptive mum said that is a good attribute.
    I don't understand that?

Things can easily be misinterpreted.
    @Mirabelle 'Quite good when replying', I don't understand??
    @Mirabelle 'Quite good when replying', I don't understand??

Compaired to some members who are feeling dreadful, you come across as someone not feeling intensely depressed.

I'm not trying to be a smartypants. I'm a deep thinker and like to give consideration to my posts.

Sorry, but I've got to go now. My counsellor has arrived.

Wishing you all the best,

Belle
    @Mirabelle You are wrong in saying this. You know nothing about me whatsoever, apart from that I'm prescribed medication and considering ESA/JSA, and so you cannot say how I am feeling or what things are like for me..

Do not compare me to others!
  • SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi @HannahBannanna

It really can be a scary thing when you make a change and you aren't sure about the effects.

However, what I think Mirabelle is trying to get at is that by posting about it, you seem to be very strong in this situation - we only want to show you that we are trying to understand how you feel.

How are you still feeling about the original situation? As was said above, we aren't experts, but we can sympathise with your feelings of being a little worried. :)
    Posting about it doesn't feel like being strong at all but I can understand that.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling about the situation, everything just seems to be going wrong at the moment as a whole and so it's hard to think about.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @HannahBannanna

Have you managed to speak to your GP or pharmacy? From personal experience, I've gone in to my local pharmacy before when worried about my prescriptions, if you ask to speak to the pharmacist there they are really knowledgeable about side effects etc. If not, GP should be able to help too - don't suffer in silence :heart:! What else is going wrong, do you want to talk about it? *hug* always here if you need to vent

- Lucy:rainbow:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Lucy307 wrote: »
    Hey [USER="90013"]HannahBannanna[/USER]

Have you managed to speak to your GP or pharmacy? From personal experience, I've gone in to my local pharmacy before when worried about my prescriptions, if you ask to speak to the pharmacist there they are really knowledgeable about side effects etc. If not, GP should be able to help too - don't suffer in silence :heart:! What else is going wrong, do you want to talk about it? *hug* always here if you need to vent

- Lucy:rainbow:

Hello,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me as it's nice to feel noticed and cared about.

I've not spoken to my gp or local pharmacist yet as I feel anxious about doing so.

A lot is going on for me at the moment still, as always really :(