Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feel like everything is going wrong

RavenclawRavenclaw Posts: 74 Budding Regular
Hi guys,

Note: probably going to be quite up-front about some personal illnesses which I find a bit embarrassing and gross, so... uh, just a heads up if you don't want to read this. Will try not to overshare much.

Haven't been here for a while. For a bit things got better after I was really down last year, but now I feel like they're going downhill again. Most of it is tied up with my physical health. I seem to get little niggly things wrong with me quite a lot for whatever reason, it's weird, but especially in winter which I suppose is to be expected. Started off in October with a weird case of hives that kept coming back over and over, I'm not allergic to anything, and the GP said they couldn't do anything and just to take antihistamines until they stopped (or forever if they didn't... great). I couldn't find any food/environmental link so I put it down to a change in location as it kept happening in stressful times when I was staying away from home.

That went away for a bit, and then I got a bad UTI in November, and then a cold, then an eye infection, then another bad UTI when I was supposed to be staying with my boyfriend for a week, then another UTI a few weeks later, and then thrush (probably from all the antibiotics). And that was over a week ago and I'm still not better, and my arm is all itchy and red, and I'm scared the mystery hives are coming back too. But I'm not in a new location, and I don't know if stress is enough to cause it?

Also stressed because I haven't done nearly enough uni work for this term which starts next week, had 11 books to read and I've managed 1, and I'm supposed to be planning my Year Abroad for next year and getting jobs, but I'm not really sure what job/career I want, and I'm really stressing over that too as I got a job offer and need to decide whether or not to accept it, or whether to hope something better comes along later which is a risk.

I just don't know how to relax, or when I relax how not to feel really guilty afterwards, or how to make all these stupid niggly illness go away for good, or if it's my fault they keep happening, and how to stop complaining about it all and being pathetic instead of just getting on with it.

Sorry for this mess of a ramble :/

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Welcome back to the forum, and no worries about the ramble.

I think that you deserve a second opinion, so ask your surgery to book you a double appointment with another doctor. As you may already know, a double appointment should give you longer with a GP and you need to get whatever you are suffering, sorted out.

As making appointments go, you may have to wait up to a month, but at this time of the year, that is normal.

I hope you're successful.

All the best,

Belle
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi @Ravenclaw and welcome back to the forums - I certainly remember you from when you were here previously (although I've changed my name since then, so you may not remember me).

I'm sorry to hear you're going through that, it's so stressful when your physical health isn't good I know that for one.

As Belle suggested, it might well be an idea to go back to your GP (or a different GP if possible) and get a second opinion. I know that at my GP surgery there are certain doctors who I try to avoid seeing because of how dismissive they are.

I hope you get this sorted ASAP.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”