Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm Chloe. I guess I should give a vague reason to why I joined. Well I suffer from extreme anxiety, and within the last few years I feel like it's only gotten worse. I'm constantly worrying about something, whether it's handing in work, having to talk to someone or just answering the phone. I get a constant nauseaus feeling which has been happening within the last year or so. I used to suffer from panic attacks when I was in high school, though that was only a few years ago too.

I kinda want to try and get past this anxiety and get myself better as much as I can but I'm not really sure what to do or where to start. My dad ignores this issue while my mom goes on about it but never does anything.

I found think my past could of been a part to do with this though. My parents split when I was 6 and I currently live with my mom at the age of 17. I see my dad every other weekend. My mom's got a past record to being an alcoholic (though she says she's not). She used to drink a lot in my childhood, which is what destroyed my parents marriage. My mom doesn't drink as much now though I still feels she does, like tonight. This is kinda the reason I decided to finally join.
When I feel she's been drinking I call my dad and he'll pick me up and I can stay with him for sometime but I'm not sure what's real and what's in my head anymore. Mom and Nan say that it's all in my head and I make it up when mom's been drinking while dad believes me.

When she drinks she's not a 'funny' drunk, she gets violent. She's never once hurt me though she did try and hurt me when I was younger, hurt my dad and tried to attacks me a few years back but never did. I guess those memories always resurface and then my anxiety activates and I freak out more. When she drinks she either sleeps, starts arguments for no reason or listens music, dance, ext. So when I see her do one of those, normally with her different facial expression i freak
Anyway I'm rambling now. Sorry. I guess all I really want is someone to talk to and to see if I can somehow get even the smallest bit of help. Thank you to anyone who does read all of this and sorry it's a bit of a mess. -Chloe

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Welcome Chloe to our forum. :)

I'm sad that you have gone through such terrible times with your mother and not found much suppport though you showed courage sharing with us. There are staff here who could help you through the difficult experiences you have had. I hope you will stay with us, and join our Support Chat and Sussport Circle, times and dates of which can be seen below.

http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements

Anxiety is treatable, so I wonder if you could see your doctor or healthcare worker to get advice on how to handle it. I had members of my family suffering General Anxiety Disorder, and they were helped

Wishing you a happy Christmas and New Year,

All the best,

Belle
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey Chloe!! Nice to meet you :)

I dont really have anything to add to what Belle has said. Hopefully being on here can help you a bit with anything worrying you.

Hope you had a nice Christmas :)

Esme x
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey Chloe,

Sorry, no advice for you but I relate to some of what you talk about re the anxiety.

So, welcome to the boards. I'm Eleanor, 15, it's really good to meet you and I hope you find the support you need here!

Take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Chloe,

Welcome to the boards, and hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time with your mother, and anxiety To second Mirabelle's message - yes, you have definitely shown great courage to share with us, and we are all willing to help and support you overcome any troubles you have.

I am sure that you will find others who have had experience with anxiety on the boards, so do reach out on the Health & Wellbeing section here: http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/thesite-topics/health-wellbeing .

Have you also thought of speaking to a GP about your anxiety? They might be able to offer a solution to help alleviate some of its intensity.

Take care,
    Nikki x