Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello from Valhalla!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello! I'm Alyx and I'm 17. I'm genderfluid, and my pronouns switch between he/him and she/her depending on the day, but I'm usually she. (If anyone can guess what inspired my name based on my gender/pronouns situation, you get a cookie.)

I live with dissociative identity disorder, and I share my body with 22 other people, which sounds like a lot to process for most, but it's just a fact of life for me. We're the Valhalla Hotel system, or System Valhalla. We're mostly friendly, but those who aren't (hopefully) won't be using this forum.

I also live with autism, ADHD, dependent personality disorder, schizoaffective disorder, borderline personality disorder, conduct disorder, and very possibly dyslexia. I've been passed around in the psychiatric field a bunch, but after my parents made it clear they were unconvinced that I've been traumatized, they also made it clear they didn't believe I had anything more than psychotic and bipolar symptoms. They also don't seem convinced that I have any learning disabilities or developmental disorders.

My main hobby has always been writing. I've been writing since I was about 5-6 years old, and I've completed two unpublished books, now currently working on my third. I love the fantasy genre with all my heart, as it's the love my life. I've also always enjoyed reading, which is where a lot of my inspiration comes from. I really enjoy video games as well, but I mainly only play the Dragon Age games and World of Warcraft. (cue the song "World of Warcraft Ruined My Life" by ALL CAPS) And of course, big shout-out to anime and a few children's cartoons for keeping me entertained.

I love to make friends and I hope we can all get along!

Comments

• Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Alyx,
    Welcome to the Boards - so good to have you here :wave:. Looking forward to talking to you, and I would love to hear more about your writing. (Two unpublished book is pretty impressive for a 17 year old :yes:)
    If you need any help finding your way around here, we are always happy to help.
    Nikki xo
  • Options
    Hiya Alyx, welcome to TheMix :)

It's wonderful you have joined us. There is tremendous support here, so I am sure you will enjoy our forums and also in our various chats.

I've also written a novel of romantic fiction, but presently having a struggle editing it and fitting the text into Kindle's somewhat complex HTML formatting. Your having already written two novels is impressive.

So, sit back and chill and enjoy your time here with us.

All the best,

Julie
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey alyx, welcome! :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Hellooo
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Welcome Alyx! :wave:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤