Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[UPDATE] New chat software

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey folks,

GOOD NEWS!

The new chat software is finally ready to launch. We know we've been in this situation before now, and for some reason every time we announce it we have to postpone it, but this is the real deal. It's really ready. We're really rolling it out. This is not a drill. ;)

tumblr_inline_nuo4i2H2GL1qafrh6_250.gif

We'll be rolling it out fully next Wednesday (6th of December). All you'll need to do is visit chat like you normally would via this page.

To give everyone a bit of a refresher on what the new software is like, we'll be holding a daytime GC this Saturday (2nd) from 5-6pm in our shiny new room. Do come along if you can, and keep an eye out for the announcement thread if you're interested.

No worries if you can't make it though, because from Wednesday onwards (for roughly a week) we'll also be keeping chat open for an extra 15 minutes, giving everyone some time at the end to play around with the software and get used to it. :)

I've also attached our 'how to guide' for the new software, so feel free to have a read through that. It covers everything you'll need to know about using ChatWee.

In the meantime, any questions, just drop us a PM or post below. :yes:

Mike

Chatwee - how to guide (users) (1).pdf
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    OMG!!! So much exciting!!! That's the day after my birthday 😂😊😊

Is that daytime GC this saturday 2nd or next 9th? I don't think I can make either but I shall try!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    O.M.G YAAAAS!

As I dependant asks is the daytime GC this Saturday? If so wont be able to make it as going to a Christmas light switch on.
  • Options
    I will have to remember not to click on my saved link for flashchat 😂😂😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WOW this new chat is going to be great!

Erm, though is the daytime GC on Saturday from 5-6pm this Saturday the 2nd, or next on the 9th? Don't think I can make this Saturday.

Julie
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I think it will be this Saturday because I think it would be before its properly launched.
  • Options
    Lostsense wrote: »
    I think it will be this Saturday because I think it would be before its properly launched.

True, how did that not cross my mind lol.
  • Options
    Just been reading the pdf file above.

EDIT. Looks okay to me. :)
  • Options
    Princesa wrote: »

Question: Why do regular visitors (such as me) to our present chat have to change their username when making a new account with this new? Why is this, please?

I think you can use the same username as in current chat? I hope so cuz I can't think of any more!!
  • Options

I think you can use the same username as in current chat? I hope so cuz I can't think of any more!!

Yes, I must have miss-read it, so thanks very much Eleanor for the help. :)
  • Options

Yes, I must have miss-read it, so thanks very much Eleanor for the help. :)

No bother!
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Yay some good news. Know Chatwee don't play up on us now!!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Glad to see you're all so keen for this! We certainly are. :yes:

Just to clarify, yep - the chat will be this Saturday. As @Lostsense said, it's so we can give everyone a bit of a refresher before we roll it out properly. Then hopefully when Wednesday comes around, it won't be too unfamiliar.

No worries if you can't make it though, because from Wednesday onwards (for roughly a week) we'll also be keeping chat open for an extra 15 minutes, giving everyone some time to play around with the software and get used to it. :) (forgot to mention this in the main post!)

Thanks everyone,
    Mike

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    I will try to make it!
  • Options
    Aidan wrote: »
    It's about time we had a saturday chat anyway :hyper:

there is one!
  • Options
    Aidan wrote: »

For under 16s :P

Oh yeah 😂 Lots of over 16s end up there too😂😂😂
  • Options
    I'll remember that. ;) :cool:
  • Options

EDIT. Looks okay to me. :)

Just realised I never actually clarified this. Not sure if this is what you're both referring to, but you'll have to make a new account when we roll out our new software. :) You can still use the same username you used for Flashchat, though.

I also made a typo in my earlier post - we'll be using the extra 15 minutes at the start of the session (8-8:15pm) to explore the new software. The main chat will then start with an opening round at 8:15, and finish at 9:45. :)

Hopefully that makes sense, but any questions feel free to ask!

Mike

• Options
    Mike Not sure if I can be there tomorrow evening, but will wait and see. Thanks for saying I can use my same username, all good, and for letting us know of Wednesday's opening time and closing time. We should have a great time!

ETA, can I register a new account tomorrow please, if I can come?
  • Options
    I did wonder about the 15 minutes at the end thing Mike... lol but thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    ETA, can I register a new account tomorrow please, if I can come?

Yep! When you access the chat, you'll be automatically entered as a guest, but there will be an option to make an account as well. :)

Mike

• Options
    Just triple checking - I can use my phone right? @The Mix
  • Options
    Just triple checking - I can use my phone right? @The Mix

Yep! It's actually a bit more user-friendly than Flaschchat on mobile, too. :)

Mike

• Options
    The Mix wrote: »

Yep! It's actually a bit more user-friendly than Flaschchat on mobile, too. :)

Mike

Woo, that's great!