Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support Circle (Sunday 26/11/17)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone!

We're excited to announce that we'll be running one support circle each month on a Sunday instead of a Tuesday!

The next
Support Circle will be Sunday 26 November, 8-9.30pm with the wonderful Jo. smile.gif

What is Support Circle?

For anyone who doesn't know, a support circle chat follows the same basic structure as a standard support chat session - opening round, support time, and closing round. Everyone that signs up will have their own time to chat and be heard by the group, and have their chance to listen and support others.

Why go to Support Circle?

It's a great space for people who find it difficult to get their voices heard in regular support chat and/or are keen to listen and support others in a more structured environment. We have places for both people who want to come and get support or be listeners and support others.

Places are limited, so sign up using the form below and we will contact you via private message to confirm your place. yes.gif

If you don't have a boards account, please let us know your email address so we can contact you. If you do have a boards account, please let us know your username. thumb.gif

- Aife smile.gif

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIHgRqb1L7kmgnv_0Wk5H4DhYItTotcJ-8pVewEUKRA4cIgw/viewform?embedded=true&quot; width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    I will probably not be able to make the full session as am away this weekend, so won't sign up but I just wanted to say 'OMG THANK YOU!!!' For this. Such a good idea!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Such a good idea! I won't have to rush on from work anymore! :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Hey folks,

Just an FYI here that this session is proving to be very popular, so we're now full! If anyone signs up now, they'll be added to the list for the next one (Tuesday 5th). :)

Cheers everyone! Glad we decided to do this. :d
    Mike

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hey @Meggles

Unfortunately there won't be a session this Tuesday, but the next support circle will be on 5th December.

All the best,

- Aife

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where is the link to entering Support Circle at 8 pm tonight, please?
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Go in through the normal way so press support chat or general chat and then go down to workshop room if you struggle at all go into support chat and someone will be able to help in there.

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    erm, still unsure - tried it. Christ, why is the chat place so obscure?
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    @Princese on the list of what chats are available there should be a room called workshop room that's where support circle is. Hope you find it.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    I do not see any room called Workshop Room where the support circle is supposed to be. Nevermind
  • Options
    Hey @Princesa I'm really sorry that you're having problems finding the Workshop room. You can find it by following this link here. It will list all the chat rooms, and the workshop room is the 4th one on the list.

All the best,

- Aife

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Next support circle is on my birthday 😂😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey @Princesa I'm really sorry that you're having problems finding the Workshop room. You can find it by following this link here. It will list all the chat rooms, and the workshop room is the 4th one on the list.

All the best,

- Aife

I did manage to get in thanks, Aife.