Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is it weird for me to dream about Canada?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
By dream, I don't just mean 'dream' as in I have an aspiration to move to and live in Canada, but 'dream' as in dreams I have at night while I sleep. In the past, I've dreamt about visiting Toronto, Vancouver and Halifax. I even had a dream about visiting Calgary once, which I remember vividly as I saw the blue prairie skies, mountains and the red Calgary Tower.

I've been madly in love with Canada for about seven to eight years, and I did finally get to visit it in February last year. Is my mind causing me to dream about Canada more often because of my deeply-entrenched desire for it? I even consider myself 'married' to Canada, with a ring and everything. :d

🇨🇦😍❤💗

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey Nova :wave:

I don't think it's weird at all! I often dream about places i would love to go,even though the dreams are quite odd sometimes lol. It could be cause you're thinking about it so much. Do you have any plans to go there?
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heey Nova :wave:

I don't think it's weird at all! I often dream about places i would love to go,even though the dreams are quite odd sometimes lol. It could be cause you're thinking about it so much. Do you have any plans to go there?

I did go to Canada in February last year as I mentioned before, but that was during the winter, and you know what winter in Canada is like. ;) ❄ ⛄☃

I want to go in the summer. I might visit a different city however, like Toronto, Montreal or maybe even Vancouver. The last one's a bit far-flung off from London though. :rolleyes: :blush:
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi Nova.

Definitely not weird it sounds like you really love thinking about Canada so naturally you might end up dreaming about it too, our dreams come from our brains after all! I can definitely understand why it's drawn you so much, it's a very beautiful country (even when it's covered by snow.) I hope you get to visit it again really soon. :)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Riley wrote: »
    Hi Nova.

Definitely not weird it sounds like you really love thinking about Canada so naturally you might end up dreaming about it too, our dreams come from our brains after all! I can definitely understand why it's drawn you so much, it's a very beautiful country (even when it's covered by snow.) I hope you get to visit it again really soon. :)

- Riley

My mum definitely agrees that it's a beautiful fantastic country. You ever see that Disney/Pixar film, Inside Out? I like to imagine that my dreams about Canada are caused by the memory marbles of me in Canada (and my general thoughts about Canada) rolling into the Dream Studio. :d
    Save