Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your opinion ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never wrote on a forum before, though I have read my fair share. I'm just here as id like your guys opinion on something. For about a year and a half I havnt been feeling mentally well, my memory of when I was a kid is really bad and secondary school was really bad due to the toxic people who went there. So I don't really remember a time where I was happy, in fact I often question if I know what happiness even feels like and whether id even know if I was feeling it. I tried to go to a doctor about these low feelings I get where I just don't care for anything and often get very upset thinking about the people I don't talk to anymore and the things I should be doing for someone my age but don't because I'm too focused on these overwhelming thoughts. The doctor told me I had a iron deficiency and put me on iron tablets, this changed nothing other than me being slightly less fatigued. Basically all I want to know is would any of you go back and try to get seen to about this again or would you leave it at that as I feel like I'm just being annoying to try and go back.

​I appreciate your honest opinions and thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi Aquila
    Welcome! You have done took the hardest step in recovery (sorry thats sound wired but i had to be said). The passed can often hold us back and stop us from moving forward i think that might what is happening. I really do understand how you feel its a horrible feeling and we often think why me ... but sometimes if you go why not me can often be a better way to say. It means that you have more experience (good or bad i will let you pick).
    Seriously hope your ok
    Speak soon
    Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey welcome i hope you find it helpful!

I would go back and be seen again if youd feel it woukd benefit . Its not annoying, if its something thats affecting your daily life than its definetly worth just going. Theres no harm in just checking. It shows a lot of strength and determiniation.

I have iron deficiency and my doctor says if i dont take the pills ill feel worse for it. So i mean if you have taken your iron pills nd you still feel like it then could tell the doctor that. Cause maybe they thought it would help lift your mood. I dunno.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Abigail and Shaunie for the input. This is something that i would say effects me daily so i think it would be best if i were to set a appointment again. I really appreciate your guys help!