Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hate myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I find this really hard to say but I had a bad day yesterday which ended in me nearly killing myself. I hate everything about myself and my life. I feel like everyone hates me and I have ruined everything. I always come up with negatives about myself never anything positive.

I have been low for ages as I have an appointment on Tuesday with a psychologist which I'm really worried about. Stupid really.

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey :wave:

I'm sorry things are tough right now, and it's also normal to be worried about an appointment. What is it that's worrying you about it? Try and be honest with them though, they're there to help. What I find useful is writing down some things you want to mention to them, when I'm put on the spot my mind goes blank,so it helps me stay focused and get out what I want. Let me know how it goes :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey :wave:

I'm sorry things are tough right now, and it's also normal to be worried about an appointment. What is it that's worrying you about it? Try and be honest with them though, they're there to help. What I find useful is writing down some things you want to mention to them, when I'm put on the spot my mind goes blank,so it helps me stay focused and get out what I want. Let me know how it goes :)

Thank you and tbh it is everything about going as one's I have seen in the past don't listen or help. I'll let you know how I get. :)
  • vidhyavidhya Deactivated Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hey Stormy93,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation! You are not alone, sometimes we can be the hardest on ourselves! It is also totally normal to be nervous before your appointment as it will be a new experience all together!

The Mix website has a bunch of articles on different types of therapy that might help you be more comfortable with the process: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/mental-health-treatments/types-of-therapy-5837.html or http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/mental-health-treatments/going-to-see-your-gp-about-a-mental-health-problem-6835.html . This second article specifically talks about what to expect when going to your GP or another mental health professional.

Also, we have articles about feeling suicidal and resources that you can reach out to if you ever feel that way again: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression-mental-health/i-want-to-kill-myself-5651.html .

You are not alone in your situation! There are plenty of people that you can talk to and that want to help!

I hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear that life is tough right now. I just wanted to say well done for reaching out for support, that's it's completely okay to do that and it's a huge step so well done.

Definitely check out some of the articles linked above!

It's completely natural to feel worried before any appointment, let's be honest it's the unknown isn't it and most of us worry about that. The suggestion about writng stuff down is a great one. Also, you could write down all the positive things you're hoping to get out of the appt and stay focussed on those as much as you can.

You're definitely not alone!

Take care,

Eleanor
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear that life is tough right now. I just wanted to say well done for reaching out for support, that's it's completely okay to do that and it's a huge step so well done.

Definitely check out some of the articles linked above!

It's completely natural to feel worried before any appointment, let's be honest it's the unknown isn't it and most of us worry about that. The suggestion about writng stuff down is a great one. Also, you could write down all the positive things you're hoping to get out of the appt and stay focussed on those as much as you can.

You're definitely not alone!

Take care,

Eleanor

Hi,

Thank you and I am going to write it down as I think it will be much easier. Thank you again.
    vidhya wrote: »
    Hey Stormy93,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation! You are not alone, sometimes we can be the hardest on ourselves! It is also totally normal to be nervous before your appointment as it will be a new experience all together!

The Mix website has a bunch of articles on different types of therapy that might help you be more comfortable with the process: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/mental-health-treatments/types-of-therapy-5837.html or http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/mental-health-treatments/going-to-see-your-gp-about-a-mental-health-problem-6835.html . This second article specifically talks about what to expect when going to your GP or another mental health professional.

Also, we have articles about feeling suicidal and resources that you can reach out to if you ever feel that way again: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression-mental-health/i-want-to-kill-myself-5651.html .

You are not alone in your situation! There are plenty of people that you can talk to and that want to help!

I hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix

Thank you for the articles there have been really helpful.
    It's no problem, always here if you want a chat.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    It's no problem, always here if you want a chat.

Okay, thank you.
    Update about yesterday.

Went and he said what type of therapy I need but he put me down quite a bit. So I hope I don't have to see him when I start the sessions it is someone else.
    Good morning Stormy93!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience! How did you feel when you were talking to him? Going to see a mental health professional can be so nerve-wracking, but your well-being comes first! In what ways did you feel like he put you down?

If you decide to look around for another professional, this website could help: http://www.nhs.uk/pages/home.aspx.

Alternatively, if you decide to stick to the same doctor, you can try bringing a friend or a family member next time. It could help with easing the tension if you do feel like you're being put down. Some people find it helpful to have a familiar face in the room with them when going to see a doctor for the first time, because again it is a whole new experience and it can be overwhelming at times.

You can also receive more information and support from organizations like Mind, who offer confidential helplines for people dealing with mental health. You can ring them at: 0300 123 3393.

I hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix

Good morning Stormy93!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience! How did you feel when you were talking to him? Going to see a mental health professional can be so nerve-wracking, but your well-being comes first! In what ways did you feel like he put you down?

If you decide to look around for another professional, this website could help: http://www.nhs.uk/pages/home.aspx.

Alternatively, if you decide to stick to the same doctor, you can try bringing a friend or a family member next time. It could help with easing the tension if you do feel like you're being put down. Some people find it helpful to have a familiar face in the room with them when going to see a doctor for the first time, because again it is a whole new experience and it can be overwhelming at times.

You can also receive more information and support from organizations like Mind, who offer confidential helplines for people dealing with mental health. You can ring them at: 0300 123 3393.

I hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix

I felt very let down and annoyed, my Mum was with me but he wound't allow her in. By saying nearly all your age have a job, loads of friends and a boyfriend but you have nothing so you are a loner.

Thank you for the info. :)
    Hi Stormy93,

I’m sorry to hear that! That must have been really difficult for you. It doesn’t seem fair that he would say that, as plenty of people out there are going through a similar situation to yours! You are not alone, many people feel bad about themselves at times.

Did you let him know how that made you feel when he said those things? Also, do you have any tips/tricks that you do when you’re feeling down?

I know you said you haven’t started the sessions yet, but if it becomes a pattern of you feeling put down, maybe you can try telling him about how it’s affecting you or requesting to see someone else.

Best wishes,

Vidhya @The Mix
    Hi Stormy93,

I’m sorry to hear that! That must have been really difficult for you. It doesn’t seem fair that he would say that, as plenty of people out there are going through a similar situation to yours! You are not alone, many people feel bad about themselves at times.

Did you let him know how that made you feel when he said those things? Also, do you have any tips/tricks that you do when you’re feeling down?

I know you said you haven’t started the sessions yet, but if it becomes a pattern of you feeling put down, maybe you can try telling him about how it’s affecting you or requesting to see someone else.

Best wishes,

Vidhya @The Mix

I start three weeks tomorrow but with someone else which I'm glad about. I agree with you and no I didn't as I was to upset with what he said. Nope he gave me no tips or tricks. :( Thank you again.
    Hi Stormy93,

Best wishes,

Vidhya @The Mix

Hey,

No worries and I agree.

I start three weeks tomorrow with someone else which I'm glad about. I didn't let him know as I was to upset about it. Nope he gave me know tips or tricks at all. :( Thank you again.
    Hi,

Those things the doctor said - how unprofessional is that? If you keep feeling that way about him, definitely ask to see someone else if it is him again, don't just put up with it as you shouldn't have to come out of a session feeling worse than when you went in.

Oh just seen your sessions are with someone else - that's great. Hopefully they don't say things like that.

How are you feeling today?

Take care,

Eleanor
    Hi,

Those things the doctor said - how unprofessional is that? If you keep feeling that way about him, definitely ask to see someone else if it is him again, don't just put up with it as you shouldn't have to come out of a session feeling worse than when you went in.

Oh just seen your sessions are with someone else - that's great. Hopefully they don't say things like that.

How are you feeling today?

Take care,

Eleanor

I hope so as tbh as I don't know what I will do if she is as bad. I'm feeling better after going, thank you for asking and you?

Hey Stormy93,

It's good to hear that you'll be meeting with someone new! Keep us updated on how your sessions go!:)

All the best,

Vidhya @The Mix
    Hey Stormy93,

It's good to hear that you'll be meeting with someone new! Keep us updated on how your sessions go!:)

All the best,

Vidhya @The Mix

Hey,

I will do and I start the 19th of October which I was surprised with how quick the appointment came. :)