Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just a rant - no need to reply

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
I'm meeting my new psychiatrist later and I'm actually so scared, what if they're just like the last one? What if they think bpd is incurable too? I suppose she actually wants to see me so that's a step forward, but I just have the words of my old one running through my head, that I'm never gonna get better, and he said there was no point in helping me cause I was gonna end up dead or in jail anyway. I'm Scared I'm never gonna get the right support cause of that being my primary diagnoses
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey bubbles *hug*s

Firstly I wanted to reply cos it sounds like your struggling. It's normal to be scared when your meeting somebody new, is there anyone who could go with you for some extra support?

That doesn't sound very nice what your old psychiatrist said to you, it's not the truth, your going to achieve things in your life, even the small things are achievements. This is a bump in recovery, it's normal to have bumps along the way, but that doesn't mean your not gonna get through this. Your stronger than you think :heart:

Here for you if you need to talk about anything,

Keep posting.

Take care lovely one

:heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Thanks, it actually went okay, the first decent psychiatrist I've met! He looked at my notes and said my old psychiatrist was incompetent haha, so he decided not to read anymore and start fresh which was good as some of the stuff my old one wrote about me was awful. He even said I should start planning my future, cause he believes, even if I can't recover from my illnesses, I'll be able to at least manage them in everyday life, which actually made me cry with relief :blush:

also, can I steal that wee paragraph for my recovery journal ? :rolleyes:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''