Home Anything Goes
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

Lost my certificates

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million NoobPosts: 485 Listening Ear
I'm really stressing guys, I've save all my certificates from school and college and kept them all together. But I can't find 2 of the most important ones. My English and Maths GCSEs. I failed them at school, had to re-do them at college. Tried my hardest and studied hard to pass them. Stressed that I wouldn't pass and then passed :D

As you can see they mean a lot to my and I can't find them anywhere :( I am absolutely gutted I've completely trashed my room to look for them (currently tidying my room again now)

I can't believe I've lost them it was the final piece to my puzzle (childcare) and without sounding snobby, I was so proud to actually receive them :/.

I don't even know how I've managed to lose them. I've looked at getting a replacement but they don't actually give you a full certificate replacement just a document yo say you have passed. Which is not the same.
As GCSE maths and English are required there is a good chance I would be asked to provide these which I can't now.

Has anyone lost their certificate and had to get a replacement?


  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 3,901 Community Veteran
    Agreed, you could try the exam board's website and see what it says about what to do if they get lost. I can imagine lots of people are (or have been) in your position.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,207 Moderator
    Hey Emma, I'm sorry to hear you lost your certificates. I found some information on the Government website about who to contact about getting a replacement exam certificate that might be helpful. On the website it says:
    Contact an exam board to get a replacement exam certificate or certified statement of results.

    You can’t get a replacement certificate for an O level, CSE, GCSE or A level - your exam board will send you a ‘certified statement of results’ instead. You can use this in place of your exam certificate, for example for a university application.

    Boards may give you a replacement certificate for other qualifications they offer.

    Although it says you can't get a replacement certificate, the statement of results that they send you can be used instead of your exam certificates. Do you need to provide the certificates for your childcare?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Noob Posts: 485 Listening Ear
    HI guys thank you for your replies, I will look into contacting the exam board and see what they can do for me.
    It's a pain in the bum lol as I will need them if I do go for another job :/
    thank you all again :)
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
Sign In or Register to comment.