Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Would you like to design a peace making movement for Peace First Challenge?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Peace First Challenge would like to invite young people (aged 13-24) from across the globe to take part in a workshop to identify critical issues and think of solutions to our globe's most urgent problems.

Here's a bit of information from Peace First Challenge:

All across the world there is a frightening rise in extremism, isolation, and disregard for the planet. As we draw our circles of care smaller and smaller the dangers are stark and they are real: dramatic increases in intolerance and scapegoating; maligned refugees with no place to call home; and despoliation of our lands and water. We are losing our commitment to take care of the planet and each other, to view other people’s needs as our own, to provide for the most vulnerable, and to cross lines of difference to solve shared problems.

Meanwhile there are 1.6 billion young people across the globe, many with ideas on how to solve the world’s most entrenched problems but only a very few have access to tools, mentors, and capital to turn their insights into reality. The Peace First Challenge will change this.

Who are we looking for?
Young people aged between 13-24 years of age.

We are looking for big thinkers with strong creative thinking skills to help us to mobilise people to take action. You’ll be an active participant in the design process and required to take part in several innovative sessions. The first session takes place on 11.00 to 18:00, 21 August 2017 in London.

Travel up to £20 will be reimbursed for taking part.

If you are excited about imagining and designing what a youth led peace making movement could look like in the UK and would like to get involved, do send us a PM and we can put you in touch with the people organising this event.

- Aife
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Meggles, that's great to hear you're interested in getting involved. I've just checked with the team and they are able to reimburse travel expenses. There might be a limit to how much they will reimburse, so I'll find out and get back to you when we have more information. :)

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Meggles wrote: »
    its not the fact they reimburse. i have no money to start with.. it costs me 40pounds to get into london from where i currently am. I dont have that without touching my savings which i dont plan to do

Aah fair enough Meggles. Maybe another time. :)

​Reimbursement is all we can really offer. If you were to use money from your savings then you would get it right back, although I know having to do that isn't always good!

Mike

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to update you all and let you know that travel up to £20 will be reimbursed. I've updated this in the main thread too :)

- Aife

Meggles wrote: »
    can someone PM me a bit more about this so i can decide and sort out my cash issue?? @The Mix

Sure thing - we'll be in touch. :)

Mike

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    If I wasn't so far from London nowadays I would have loved to take part in this. But it would cost me hundreds to get to London - £20 wouldn't come close😂😉

Sounds great though!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
This discussion has been closed.