Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Announcing... a new type of GC!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
**This is a re-post - the original is missing**

Hey everyone :wave:

We've got some exciting news! You may remember that earlier this year, we asked you guys what you thought about GC and ways we could improve it. We've since been looking over all of your feedback and come up with an idea...

We'll be launching a new type of General Chat on Tuesdays! :rainbow::rainbow2:

How these chats will work is that each Tuesday, we'll open up part of the chat for one of you guys to host.

You can host a section of the chat about anything you'd like, such as a themed chat, a game, watch along or quiz (any ideas you have are welcome too!). You can host for as long or as little as you like. So you could run 30 minutes or an hour in the middle of general chat (for example). It's completely up to you and what you feel comfortable with. :)

For example, you might decide you want to run a music quiz for 30 minutes. We'll leave it up to you to write the quiz and decide how you want it to go, then the normal GC session will resume once it's over. You could also have a themed discussion (maybe about mental health, self-care, politics, bananas, the list goes on...) for as long as you'd like it to be, or maybe a different kind of game you'd like to play with the group.

When will the chats run?
These chats will run every Tuesday from 8-9.30pm, and the first chat will be running Tuesday 11th July!

How do I take part?
If you're interested in hosting a general chat, please complete the form here. Demand might be high, so please list a number of dates that you're available to host.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to comment below or send us a PM. :)

Aife, Mike & James
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    giphy.gif

You did a stellar job, Aidan! Pleasure to have you hosting the debut of this new chat. :d
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Just bumping this - we're looking for a few more potential hosts to sign-up. We also have a space in tonight's session if anyone would like to do anything for it. :)

Mike

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    I would live to... but I'm never free on a Tuesday these days.

If I ever get a free Tuesday I will definitely sign up!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Love not live obviously.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I'd do tonights if no one else has offered yet :)
  • Options
    Hann wrote: »
    I'd do tonights if no one else has offered yet :)

Amazing, thanks Hann! We'll drop you a PM. :)
    I would live to... but I'm never free on a Tuesday these days.

If I ever get a free Tuesday I will definitely sign up!
    Would be great to have you hosting if/when you're free. :d

Mike

• Options
    The queue for hosting is super light - do sign up if you're interested. :yes:

Mike

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    The Mix wrote: »
    The queue for hosting is super light - do sign up if you're interested. :yes:

Mike
    I'll do another one if needed :)
  • Options
    louisa982 wrote: »
    I'll do another one if needed :)

That would be awesome Louisa - thank you. :) I'll drop you a PM.

Mike