Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chat break. Sorry

AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
After Sunday burn out problem i had, with a bit of help i have made the decision to take a break from chats so both GC and SC. The only chat i will be doing is Under 16s woth Jane and that will be as a listener.
The reason for this is because i had burn out, burn out is when you keep giving out and your not getting anything is at the same time, i kept supporting people and i forgot to look after myself. I will be back in a week maybe longer. I promise i will be back before results day on 24th of August.
'Start everyday with a positive thought'
Try not to miss me
Keep annoying people (cough especially Mike)

Speak soon
Abi
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Hey Abi,

No worries - it is important to look after yourself. As they say, you can't pour from an empty cup!
    Hope you are okay, take care of yourself

x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Echo Jelly, sometimes you need to put yourself first and it's really good that you're recharging and doing what you need to do.

Look after yourself and make sure that you throw in lots of self care :)

*hug*
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Abigail wrote: »
    Keep annoying people (cough especially Mike)
    :eek:

The guys above me said it perfectly - self-care is super important and there's no shame in prioritising ourselves. Take as much time as you need to recoup and hope to see you back soon! :rainbow::rainbow2:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Hey Abi, no worries at all! Take care of yourself x
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Sorry @Mike it had to be said. Thanks for the support, I'm do much better than i was but i still going to stay off chats for a bit. My councellor might persuade me to come back next week.
    Speak soon
    Abi

Edit
    I am going to try coming back tonight, that little smile that come to my face when i read nice comments has come back (thats from Kooth) i might go again tonight is my trial run i think.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.