Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Driving lessons

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
Just have a few questions about driving lessons. Hope right place to put this

I want to start driving lessons but I hardly know anything about. and dont want to do one of my regretful spontaneous buys. I know i need a provisional and have one, like do i need anything else.
I don't know anything -would i look really stupid or do they tell me like the basics or should i look at YouTube or something?

Do they just state at you the whole time. Always thought it was intimidating and uncomfortable?

I just want to learn how to drive not actually drive rn. Is there a time limit or anything by the time you pass to the time you should be driving. Like incase you forgot or something lol i have no idea.

When does a theory test have to be done ? Before or after or how long ?

Many thanks
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    My mums a driving instructor so I will ask her these questions for you when I speak with her later on and if no-one else has come along and answered them for you
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Lostsense wrote: »
    My mums a driving instructor so I will ask her these questions for you when I speak with her later on and if no-one else has come along and answered them for you

Thank you
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    She said this "You have to pass the theory test before you can do the driving test. Then you have to pass the driving test within 2 years or you'll have to do the driving test again. Once you've passed the driving test you don't have to drive straight away the licence lasts forever"
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I'm too young to drive at 14 but my sister has recently passed her test. She was a keen driver anyway, but I think they do go over the basics ith you and quite a lot of them will encourage you (if you get a horrible one change ASAP).

No time limits - the licences, when you get them, last 10 years (I know this because my parents were just today talking about this).
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”