Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job update

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So as you may have seen on my post on the 17th of May I decided to resign from my job in retail and on the post a few days later I was indecisive on whether to write to head office about how I was treated whilst working within the job.

Anyway I decided to take it to head office and then on the 21st of June I had to go into the store and speak to the store manager about how I was treated as he wanted all the details and how it made me felt. After the meeting he said that he didn't realise that I went through any of that and the reason I was talking to other members of staff for advice was because I didn't know what to do so he regrets suspended me and it leading to me having to resign in the thought I would lose my job anyway and it would look better when looking for other jobs if I resigned instead of being sacked.

Anyway the outcome of that meeting is on the 27th of June I then got a letter from the store manager which said we have taken everything you have said on board and we never knew fully what you were going through whilst working in the setting during your shifts and outside of your shifts and we have come to a decision that you can either have the job back and go back to the hours you had or we can give you some money if you don't want to come back which we would perfectly understand if you did feel like that because of how you were treated. We should have been more lenient with you and the fact you were left in positions where you felt uncomfortable (being in fitting rooms and on tills alone even when its been busy and you were told that you wouldn't after making supervisors and managers aware before it still continued to happen) and with the manager not believing you when you were open about the situation with your cousin should have never been the case and we will be speaking to the manager about this and informing you on the outcome. We would look forward to hearing from you on what you would like to do. I understand that you may take a while to decide of what is best for you to do and therefore we will give you the time to think about it and I would like you to know that your job will be open for you to come back until we hear back from you.

​I am 50:50 on what to do for the best right now. Any ideas?

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Laura,

It sounds like a lots happened over the last couple of months since you resigned from your job. ​How are you feeling about everything at the moment?

This sounds like quite a difficult decision to make. For some people writing out a list of pros and cons for each option can be helpful way to reflect on what decision might be best for you. Do you think this might be helpful?

All the best,

Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Allife. Yeah a lot has happened since I resigned from my job.. I'm feeling okay now because I've got myself a full time job so I'll be asking for the money as i don't have the time to do it on top of my other job. Thanks for the idea I would have done it if I didn't have another job!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Laura
    Glad you're feeling okay and you got a new job. Hope it goes okay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Laura,

That's great to hear you've got a new full time job, I hope it's going well. :)

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤