Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Resigned from my job and already feel so much better

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So as some of you may have seen that I've struggled at times with work and I've had various meetings and I recently got suspended. I decided that I was about time I handed in my notice because for a while now I'm been feeling so unhappy at work and with the whole process with the meetings for harassment and being suspended I feel that I've been targeted. I went into work today and handed in my notice and I feel so much better right now for doing it . I never realised how much I hated work until today when I went in to hand my notice in and I feel so much happier already

Comments

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Glad to hear you are feeling much better. As my nan always said "you work too long in life to be doing something you don't like"
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi One-in-a- million. Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm feeling a lot better now that Ive given in my notice but also at the same time I know there are certain members of staff that I'm really gonna miss and I'm gonna miss the job in a way because of being there for a year and a half. I'm now worried though because at the moment I have no job.
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey Laura

I'm glad you feel so much happier that you have handed in your notice and dont worry too much about not having a job atm I'm sure you will find something you enjoy and staff that respect you. Can you keep in touch with the ones you are going to miss?
    Hi . I went into where I used to work today and what one of the managers said to me was really sweet and actually made me emotional. Is this normal? I will keep in touch with the ones I'm gonna miss.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Heyy Laura,

That's great to hear you feel much happier after handing in your notice at work. It can be hard leaving somewhere we've been working at for so long, so it's okay to miss things and feel emotional. It's great that you'll keep in touch with your colleagues that you'll miss :)

Finding a job can be quite hard, so it's okay if things take a bit of time. How is your job hunt going at the moment?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hi Aife. Yeh I feel so much better now that I`ve handed in my notice as work was getting harder for me. I worked for the company for a year and a half and at this early stage I'm finding it hard that I have left. I will miss quite a few of the staff including supervisors and managers. Yeh ill keep in touch with the ones I'm gonna miss.

The manager I spoke to yesterday that made me feel emotional and regret the fact i left said: Thanks for all you have done whilst working at the store and i appreciate the amount of overtime you have done and i will truly miss you. i know u have had your ups and downs whilst working here but i want you to know that you have become more confident since you started and you're a strong individual with what you`ve been through and currently going through.

Yeh its hard to find a job right now, I have applied for about 5/6 at the moment so hopefully ill hear from them soon with some good news.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Laura,

That's really sweet to hear what your manager said to you, and that's great your going to keep in touch with the people you'll miss. Wishing you the best of luck with your job hunt, keep us updated with how things are going. Are you looking for jobs in a similar role as before or something slightly different?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hi Aife. Thanks for the reply. Yeh it was really sweet what the manager said to me and it actually made me regret that I left. Yeh I will keep in touch with the ones that I'm gonna miss. Thanks ive applied for a few jobs just waiting to hear back from them. Some of the jobs are in retail some are in waitress and some is in childcare