Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling not so good

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Not sure why but just lately I feel quite down. I feel as if I'm not good enough and that I'm not the person I should/want to be.

I'm not a girly girl
I don't dress like everyone else
I don't ware make up all the time
I don't go out partying every weekend (occasionally)
I don't always know what to say
I don't spend hours on my hair

But something my family have said a few times before is about how I'm not exactly grown up. I don't really see what they mean I'm just me? I don't really see where I need to grow up as I feel as if I'm quite mature really. Prehaps I need to be more sociable or because I'm not like the typical 22 year old (make up, clothes and hair)
but I wouldn't exactly say I was childish and if I am I want to know where and when because I don't want to be childish.

Apart from that I just don't feel like I'm good enough at anything really. even though I always get very good feed back at work, I feel like they are just saying that so not to hurt my feelings or something.

I've got an anxious sick feeling right now and I don't know why. Sometimes I get an anxious feeling when I'm going to have a seizure (I'm have epilepsy) I don't pass out just feel funny for a couple of seconds-30 seconds.
But I don't think that's it.

I'm not really sure why I feel this way? I feel like I want/need to change but I don't know what or how?

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey

Id like to think we are all different and theres no one set way to be. And even if you feel like you are really different then that's unquie and interesting. You dont have to change and start spending hours on your hair. You just have to do what uou feel comfortable with. And as long as your comfortable and happy with not changing then that's okay. But dont feel the pressure because of other people's views
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    And read your picture ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey one-in-a-million,

There is no rulebook or criteria for how to be a normal 22 year old! This is your life and you should live it how you want - that includes deciding how you dress, whether you wear loads of makeup or none at all, it's completely up to you! There is only one version of you and you should try to make that as best you can! Chances are that other people's opinions could maybe be making you a bit unsure, but if you think that you are mature (which we are sure you are!) and you're happy that's all that matters! Whatever you do with your life is up to you and is completely okay! By being yourself you are not hurting anyone! If anything being yourself is very refreshing to see, so don't worry about conforming to certain images which you may think you should aspire to look like! Everyone is beautiful in their own way so continue to stay that way!

Hope you have a good day!

Drea:heart:
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi guys these have really made my night :). I'm starting to wonder if I was just really tired last night. I do find I over think a lot when I'm tired to be honest. I still feel like I need to change sometimes but then like you guys have said. There is only one version of me :)

My mum did say it was something that was said a while ago (about not being very grown up) I suppose that I could have matured in that time 😂. I do get what you mean by it being my choice how I dress and stuff and to be honest it does depend on my mood lol.

I always try to look presentable at least. Unless I'm at home then it's messy hair and pjs 😂😂. But I can go from jeans and t-shirt to dressing up to go out. Same with make up I either where none or want to wear it.

Thank you 😊 I'm feeling quite possitive today. Keep having different day right now and don't know why. Hopefully tomorrow will be a positive too!!! :)