Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self-care tips

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited April 2021 in The Class of The Past
The pressures that come with exams can be overwhelming at times, so it’s important to take care of yourself and find out what you enjoy to keep you feeling stress free. Self-care can sometimes be hard to do, so let’s share what helps us, it could help others feel stress free :yippe:

Sometimes studying too much can make your brain turn off as it starts focusing on different things. What works for some people is working for a maximum of 20 mins at a time and then taking a break. During these breaks, moving away from all your work and doing something which you want to do can help relieve stress. Check out The Mix's guide to self-care for more tips!

For me, watching this live puppy stream helps me wind down because I love puppies they are too cute! What works for you?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BH5FnM_dVvE&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by Emma_ on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I love puppies too

I've been so stressed and been my reason/excuse to do some more self caring.

What really helps me when im stress is a sensory/emotional first aid box. Which is just a box I have put personal things in which calms me down when im stressed. Had help with a support service. I tend to forget I have it when I ferl extremely distressed. Idea is to focus on senses

I have things like baths bombs and hot chocolate sachets. I have candles in it because I like the smell and watching them. I have things like playdow and blue tack in it to draw my attention to something else and chew gum. And focus more on the actions of that. Then the stress of everything.

I have pictures in it, even pictures when im completely shitfaced, reminds me not to take everything so seriously and when im enjoying myself. And pictures of peaceful places.

And a CD for mindfulness and a sheet of how to do mindfulness breathing. And a note pad where i rarely write down my thoughts

And also wrote down the other things i enjoy doing. Like going out and buying something or doing something. Like going cinema, go place bets on dogs, clubbing or buying clothes or nice homely stuff.

I feel better when my room and the whole house is tidy. So i do that if im stressed and find it satisfying for some how and just makes me feel genuinely better. Cause i hate floor wardrobes.

And I like to shut away from the world and stress of life by listening to music and just taking in the lyrics and words to songs.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley