Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How long before the first date? (Online dating)

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Hi guys I've recently joined an online dating and there have been quite a few creeps (I was expecting that though 😂)

But I've recently been talking to a guy on there and we seem to have a lot in common. I've related to most of the things he does and like wise he has related to a few things I do to.

He recently askew if I wanted to talk to him on Facebook he made it clear it was my choice. I agreed as the app doesn't always tell you when you get a message. So we have been talking on there for almost 3 weeks.
He seems very charming and funny.

I have always been a bit iffy when guys jump straight to the "have you had sex yet" or "how long would you leave it bedtime having sex"

He hasn't done this and kept the conversation on what we do, what we like and about veiws on different things that go on.

I was wondering how long would you leave it before a first date. It has only been 3 weeks and he seems really nice. But I know it's online dating which you have to be very careful about. Neither of us have mentioned this yet so I'm not worried Just curious

Emma

Comments

• FeatheredDreamsFeatheredDreams Posts: 91 Budding Regular
    Before you consider dating, make sure you have had at least one (likely a few) voice & video (at least one instance of both voice and video at the same time) chats online first - apps like skype, discord, facetime, whatever your pick is. This way meeting IRL will be less of a suprise, and you know you can be a lil safer.

Also make sure that whenever you do meet irl you have someone else present to assure your safety. I would suggest just hanging out in real, face to face a little before you consider anything a date - make sure you're comfortable around each other. If you are comfortable, then i'd consider a date.

As for time, i'm not sure really apart from however long it takes to get the above done.
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi thanks for replying we are really just talking at the moment and I'm not planning to meet him just yet as I feel it way to soon!!!!!

I'm really struggle with phone call it's almost like an anxiety thing I'll do anything to avoid voice calls. But I think online video chat is a good one.

My friend knows I'm talking to him. And I have told her that I'll let her know about anything that goes on. It's really intresting to see peoples veiws in it :)

Thanks
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I think video chat is a great idea, that's what me and my partner did a while before meeting (we met on xbox) and when you do meet for the first time maybe take a friend or someone and meet in a coffee shop or something public :)
    wishing you the best x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld