Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm just sick of this

Pink+fluffyPink+fluffy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
I'm so annoyed of everyone telling me that my problems aren't as bad as other people's, like how do you know what's going on in my head, you don't even notice when I'm crying upstairs alone or sitting there wishing I didn't exist, I hate it how people put my problems down and they don't even know how bad they are 😤😠

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Hey pink+fluffy!

Some people under estimate how you feel because you cant see it. But It's real and sounds very difficult. And just because you can't seee it or may not have problems in your life doesn't make how you feel any less. Because to feel like you dont want to exist is extremly hard. And im glad you realise this yourself.

And im sorry you have to go through that as well as people minising how you feel.

How are you doing right now ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey shaunie
    I'm feeling kind of crap, just hate myself so much, wish I could be anyone else but myself, thanks for your reply I just feel like screaming at the people who say that I'm not that bad.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Pink+fluffy,

I think Shaunie's got a good point about people seeing things differently when they can't see them - I guess they're easier to play down. It's also much easier to explain physical injuries and illnesses to people - you can just show them your broken leg, for example, whereas you can't show someone a mental health struggle in the same way. It's super frustrating, for sure. :(

I know it's not the same, but you're welcome to have a scream at the boards if it helps! Do you mind me asking, who are the people saying your problems aren't that bad/putting them down?

I hope you're doing a bit better today. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hi mike,
    It really is like that and I understand it's hard for people, but my mum, the one who says she understands, tells me that my problems aren't as bad as other people's and my grandma, how do you guys know????
  • Options
    Arrrrr!! My grandma said again today 'at least you aren't that bad, at least you haven't been there' so I literally just said 'I have been there actually you just don't know about it'
  • Options
    Sorry for the rant guys x
  • Options
    Yeah people need more education on mental health, I signed a petition about that today.
    I just feel crap but oh well, how you feeling Aidan? You shouldn't have to pretend you're ok, you can always post here as well, I'm always here for you x
  • Options
    Aidan wrote: »
    I'm trying to be optimistic, for everyone else as much as myself really. I guess I hope by pretending I'm fine, I'll wake up one day and actually be fine. But I suppose that's never gonna happen. I'm a burden and I'll never be able to give as much as I've taken. The more help I get, the more I feel like I owe everyone else something, and so I get more help. It's a perpetual cycle.

Thanks, that means a lot to me, and I'm here for you too

You're not a burden, we are all here to help xx
  • Options
    Hey Aidan,
    I'm feeling worse, I feel empy lonely and just nothing, thank you for checking up on me, how are you?xx
  • Options
    I'm sorry that you are feeling bad, I hope you have ways of trying to support and distract yourself through it xx
  • Options
    Well it's great that you have things to do xx
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey,
    Just dropping by to see if things have been any better today?
    Hiccup
  • Options
    I feel shit sorry
  • Options
    I can't cope anymore, I'm sorry, I don't want to be here anymore I just can't