Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling anxious

AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
I keep get anxious over the smallest of thing and its stopping me from having fun. I was out today with my youth worker and as we had something to eat stopped eating and went im full (that is my way of saying im anxious). Its stopping me from having a good time.
Why? Being a carer is hard enough i don't need anything else on my shoulder.
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    Just to let you know, I moved your post from Anything Goes to Health & Wellbeing where it fits a little better. It should also pick up some more responses here. :)

Anxiety can really get in the way of a lot of things, and like you said, stop you from having fun sometimes. I can relate - it really sucks!

It might be worth thinking about where the anxiety could be coming from - for example, is it a constant/long-term thing that you've noticed? Or is it being triggered by certain people, activities, etc? Depending on that, there are a few different ways you could try to manage it.

Make sure you get some you-time in where you can. Particularly with being a carer as well, these things are never easy to live with so do look after yourself. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Hiya, I realate to this. So sorry to hear this has been happening to you. Mike has made some really good suggestions above. Also, have you ever looked into mindfulness meditation?

Take care of yourself!

*relate... whoops.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Ye i do mindfulness everday before i go to bed.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.