Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Services for under 25 year olds

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hi I have just turned 19 yesterday and I am just wondering if there are are plenty of services out there for young people under 25 in the UK like myself because it would be lovely if there was?

Comments

• Options
    micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hiya Sholay09,

Happy belated birthday then! Yes, there are lot of services in the UK for young people. Perhaps if you gave a little bit more information about what type of services you were looking for, we might be able to signpost you to them? Glad to see you found us (The Mix), welcome to the boards!

- Mica
  • Options
    mica wrote: »
    Hiya Sholay09,

Happy belated birthday then! Yes, there are lot of services in the UK for young people. Perhaps if you gave a little bit more information about what type of services you were looking for, we might be able to signpost you to them? Glad to see you found us (The Mix), welcome to the boards!

- Mica

Well like mental health, counselling or therapy and advice I was looking for.
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey

Sorry to butt in here. I hope you dont mind😌

You said you was looking for counselling. Have you thought about signing up for Themix telephone counselling service? I had a fantastic lady and tbh I miss her we grew together. I would reccommend it especially if other counsellors are like the lady I had then you're in for a goodun🌸💜
  • Options
    Well no because I already have counselling and other type of support coming up which is Open Doors for those who are aged between 12-26 so what would be the point?
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    Lostsense wrote: »
    Hey

Sorry to butt in here. I hope you dont mind😌

You said you was looking for counselling. Have you thought about signing up for Themix telephone counselling service? I had a fantastic lady and tbh I miss her we grew together. I would reccommend it especially if other counsellors are like the lady I had then you're in for a goodun🌸💜

Aw! This is so amazing to hear. Glad to hear you had such wonderful experiences with our counselling team.
    Sholay09 wrote: »
    Well no because I already have counselling and other type of support coming up which is Open Doors for those who are aged between 12-26 so what would be the point?

Hey Sholay,

If you have counselling in the pipeline already then I guess it's not the best thing to recommend to you, but for the record our counselling team is pretty amazing. ;) #notbiased

A couple of other mental health services out there are Mind (who have a community called Elefriends) and SANE. If you wanted some support with something more specific such as eating disorders or self-harm, there are some more niche organisations out there too. It all depends what you're after. :)

Welcome to the boards, by the way!
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Oh thank you for helping.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,650 Legendary Poster
    Hey there,

All the ones I was thinking of have been recommended already, there's always Samaritans too, you can call them at any age or email them. It's hard to move away from under 18s services though and that's one of the few reasons I don't wanna turn 19!

Good luck!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”