Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worst Weekend In my Life!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yes you read right, even though it was my 21st birthday as well as being a Gatecrasher Summer Sound System, it was still the most horrid experience in my life, partly my own fault, partly not. I cant believe I am going to actually tell you what happened, but I have to get it off my chest as I cant fight the pain myself.

Here it goes.................

On the bus journey down we got talking to some of the other people on the bus and they all seemed nice. There were 2 stops but due to the fact that the other bus was full we had to pick up some other people in England as our bus was only half full. It was 6 girls from a University, some dressed in cool clothes, on a whole they were all really nice and they were all looking forward in having the best weekend of the year. One thing though, was the fact that I was really tired, I couldnt get to sleep on the bus as it was too loud which wasnt going to help. When we were getting near to the arena, we decided to crack open the drugs that we had bought for ourselfs, we decided that some speed would be best to get the energy levels through the roof, so we all took a speed bomb(myself taking the largest one)Emma hid the rest and we got ready to head into the arena. We got to the queue when the speed already kicked in, in a nice way but we now knew that is was really strong stuff as kicked in so quickly. The hyper facter was through the roof again. We bought programs so we knew what Dj's were playing and sort of plan things out, I also went mad and bought 8 glowsticks, 2 for me, 2 for Emma and 2 for Laura. As the feel good factor was through the roof and seeing the enjoyment on Emmas face, I thought it would be good time to tell her that I loved her. I had not told her before as I only say it when I mean it and I thought that the time was right so I told her and she was so happy that I told her that she gave me a long loving hug followed by a kiss.

We eventually got into the arena when we met 3 guys from the bus, they all said my hair was really cool and we wished them a good time. We then headed off(not before taking a pic of the tidy trax arena for RNT) We headed for the Groove Armada set but there was a cock up so we headed for the main tent where scott bond was playing. The music was amazing the tent was huge, the lighting effects were the best I had ever seen, I felt that it was going to be a great weekend. After dancing for a while, glowsticks flying(due to speed) we headed for another tent. We went into the bed rock tent, before we did though, we got ice cream cones which cost £2.50 each!!, then headed in. When we went in a guy in cyber gear came running up to us and said he wanted to take our photo as he thought it was really cool and mad seeing clubbers dancing whilst eating ice cream cones. So we let him take out photo and he said to look out for it on some website(cant remember the name). We decided to take more drugs so I took another speed bomb, whilst emma and laura took an Ecstacy tablet. The rest of the hours were met up with going from tent to tent seeing the DJs we planned to see, sasha, Paul van Dyke, Pete tong, etc. taking photos along the way as well as drugs.

We then decided to rest in the main tent as we had been on hour feet for a very long time, as well as the fact that I was totally fucked on drugs. So we sat down beside this couple that were having a rest before the Chemical brothers came on. So we started chatting to them, well Emma did I just sat with a munted smile trying to concentrate on opening my drum stick which was proving to be near impossible as at this point I had had 2+ grams of speed and 2 E's, I was totally fucked and I know that it was obvious as the couple we met laughed at me a good few times as well as the fact that when I was walking from tent to tent, I could see people staring at my eyes. I wasnt caring though as I was having the time of my life, I also spotted a bird with hardly any clothes on so I thought that a photo was needed for RNT. After that we headed to see the chemical brothers. We got there and the tent was packed, we got near the centre when the the brothers came on stag and everyone went mad. They were amazing as a circular lighting screen lifted above there head and slowly lowered down above, you would have to see it to understand what I mean. I was also offered poppers by the guy in the couple which didnt help my health state as it made me even more fucked. After that we left the couple and went between tent to tent for a while, through this time I had taken another 2 E's and another speed bomb which was roughly a gram. We eventually ended up in the main tent when mauro picotto was on which was about 2:30 in the morning. Laura wanted a cup of tea so her and Emma went for one whilst I stayed dancing my tits off in a really bad state.

This was when everything went horribly wrong and my worst nigthmare started.........

I continued to dance in the main tent, loving it and also waiting to Emma to return. About 30 mins passed and Emma still hadnt returned so I walked to a different place in hoping to see her, I walked for a bit and then stopped as I couldnt walk any further as I was that wasted so I stopped and stood for a while looking and then danced again. Where I was stood there was guys infront of me dancing but higher up as they were half standing on steps. Because I was wasted, with glowsticks I accidentally hit one guys arse twice, I apologised to him as I was really embarrassed about it, but what I thought was an apology would more than likely be a grunted moan with my eyes rolling all over the place. The guys walked off and about 10 mins later, I felt a pulling at my bag. I turned round and saw about guys standing behind me, they said nothing but just stood. I turned back round and continued to dance, to again feel my bag be pulled at, again I turned round with these guys standing behind me but they said nothing to me so I thought I was tripping on the drugs. I continued to dance to hear shouts of "poof, fag, gay boy etc." with more pulls at my bag, when I turned round at one point I eye balled one guy to have him reply "what you staring at poof" at this point I knew something was wrong. Also at this point a girl came up and started to chat me up, she was 27 and from australia, she tried and tried giving me compliments hoping that I would make the move and I so wish I could so I could show there guys that I wasnt gay and that it was a accident with there mate, but I couldnt as I didnt want to cheat on Emma, so I knocked her back politely and she went away but then the bag pulling and name calling started again. At this point I knew I had to find Emma, so I walked to a different spot, and danced a bit but when I stopped the bag pulling and name calling started again but when I turned round it was different guys! I was really panicking at this point as they knew my name(because some were off the bus I got) and were calling it, laughing, calling me poof etc. and pulling my bag. I was so scared at this point as I was on my own in the middle of no where with the thought that these guys were going to beat me up or kill me. I kept my head straight though and showed no weakness. It was about another 2 hours of this until I found Emma at the front of the tent. I was so happy when I found her that I gave her a huge hug and kiss, when I did this I looked round for the guys and I saw some walking away saying to each other "we messed up big time there", "gav fucked up there" I later found out that I guy assumed I was gay so he got about 19 of his friends to pick on me, when they saw me with Emma they then knew that I wasnt gay so they left me alone. All I wanted to do was get out of there as the experience was so disturbing.

I got on the bus some what releaved as I thought that it was finally over and that I could forget about it, this wasnt the case as when everyone came on the bus I saw some of the guys. It then started again, the name calling etc. saying that I should admit that I am gay, even thought my girlfriend was sitting across from me. About 20 mins name calling, the english girls started talking about me saying to each other "I think he is gay" loud enough so I could hear them, they talked about every detail of me, clothes, hair etc. it was really upsetting. The guys on the back if the bus(about 20 of them) were wanting me to go up to the back of the bus and tell them if I was or not, I heard one guy say that if I said I wasnt he was going to kick me in. Eventually I walked up to the back of the bus and told them I wasnt gay and that it was an accident. They said fine but they also said that they were still going to teach me a lesson and kick fuck out of me when they stop in scotland. The bus journey back up took 11 hours, this whole journey was made up of name calling as well as the reminder of what they were going to do to me, hold me down, smash up my pretty little face, break every bone in my body etc. Even the 3 guys I spoke to at the start of the day that thought my hair was cool joined in on the name calling. I couldnt get any sleep as I was that worried at what was going to happen to me. The girls from England also started to take the piss as well and thought it was hysterical. Emma wanted to say something but I wouldnt let her as I didnt want anyone else getting hurt.

When the bus got to scotland hte guys got off the bus and didnt even say a word to me, they walked off and did there own thing. Some did give me an evil stare. When I got home I broke down in tears.

I will never be the same, I dont think I ever can. I still sit and stare into space thinking at what I did wrong and how I could have done something sooooooo stupid. I cant believe I have told yous all.

Thanks for reading, make your jokes if you want, take the piss if you want. I am passed the point of caring!

Comments

• Options
    IF there are any gaps in the story then am sorry I had to delete big sections of it due to the word limit only being 10,000.
  • Options
    wow that makes my life sound like a living heaven....but all thats just bad AGH im scared now im goin 2 my 1st festival in August the day after I get my GCSE results:eek:
  • Options
    Some people are just wankers. Forget them. They ain't worth it.
  • Options
    *sends BIG hugs to wuckFit in the vain hope that it might help*

Sorry sweetie but I just don't know what to say :(
  • Options
    Oh babe, that sounds like a nightmare. Reminded me of being back in school.

Still, they sound like total losers, petty little bullies, and you shouldn't take any of it to heart. I'm sorry your birthday celebrations were ruined by something so immature. Like your sexuality was anyone's business to start with, never mind that nonsense.

Forget em. I can see why you were so scared, if that happened to me while I was on a night out, I'd have freaked. But they're obviously just sad twisted little people. It sounds like the actual gig was excellent, and you & Emma are really happy together, which is the important thing. Well done on the three little words, mate, I'm happy for you.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Well *Hey*
    I read all of your story and it actually made me real sad.
    You didnt deserve to be treated that way what so ever.
    I think it's good that you wrote down what happened and I don't see why any1 would wanna take the piss out of you after reading about your weekend.
    It just isn't funny!
    Sadly there isn't much you can do :(
    That's the bad thing about people, people in general have seemed to have lost all respect for others and their individuality.
    All you can really do is try put it behind you hun..as long as you know what is what then don't let what they said get to you anymore then it already has.
    If you continue to do so they succeded in exactly what they set out to do which is screw you up emotionally.
    PEOPLE LIKE THAT AREN'T WORTH GETTING UPSET OVER!
    But in saying that I do understand it's hard.
    Just be strong :)
    Hope everythin is ok in the end
    love
    Melissa
  • Options
    *hugs*

Least you did the right thing and ignored them :)

Now if it was me well.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    That totally sucks ass, it goes against all the peace, unity and tolerance vibes that festivals are supposed to be about. Even if you were gay that's still no basis for any sort of comments or abuse, some people are just ignorant fuckwits.

Well done for rising above it.
  • Options
    Aaaaaw hugs.

*Doesnt know what to say* chin up
  • Options
    I thought you were gonna say something REALLY bad like they attacked you or something, I was worried for a sec!
    think of it this way, you'll never see em again as long as you live, they're pathetic wankers, no better than school bullies.
  • Options
    I know the feeling too. I've been in that situation many a time. I hate the feeling when your heart is racing and you dont know what to do.
    No doubt this will change you just make sure you dont take it to heart what those pricks said or did, I can't believe that most of the people on that bus just sat there and allowed it to happen!

All the people on that bus that turned a blind eye are weak and will no doubt get whats coming to them. All I can say is there are many wankers on this planet and you seemed to have met them all in one hit. I hope this doesnt change the person that you are.
  • Options
    Hey, thanks for the support everyone it means a lot to me concerning the state I am in just now.

I dont know if I will be the same again as what I was put through, I would never want anyone else to experience. I have lost all confidence in myself, you can say I am a shadow of my former self. One thing though is that I will try my best to get myself back to the way I was, but it doesnt help when I am doing overtime at work all week.

Anyway, I will be away for a while about a week hopefully, as I need time to myself as there are some other matters I need to get sorted out. I might be on MSN every now and then so if you want to chat you will get me on there, but only after 10pm.

See yous all later, take care

RNT keep this place real, I know it will be hard as I wont be here :)
  • Options
    *Biggest ever hugs ever* Poor hunni. Ignore them. Aslong as you know the truth then it dosen't matter. Just concentrate on what a good time you had before all that happened. Keep that chin up and keep smiling hunni. I know it must be hard and i really don't know what else to say *Bigger hugs again*
  • Options
    Originally posted by wuckFit
    Anyway, I will be away for a while about a week hopefully

Well hurry back... :D
  • Options
    oi oi come on msn unless your at work mate.....

Still at work mate, I will be coming online when I get home though.

Speak to you later

Ya wank :D
  • Options
    I wish you'd password your msn, I almost called ya mum a scottie wanker yesterday..... woops luckily I said something not as bad...

Yeah you called her a wandering wanker instead, I was there when you called her it.

I wasnt in the best of moods for chatting though, funnily enough

:)