Homeโ€บ General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Film Club?

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey everyone :wave:

So Ive been thinking, what are peoples views on starting a film club back on here.

I reckon it could be really good for the community :heart:

Looking forward to hearing your views on this..

Thanks for reading :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Its a club where members get together and discuss a film they have been watching like a film that is nominated, not sure ive explained that the best maybe a mod can explain it better. @The Mix
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd definitely love this! Would you be running it? X
  • Options

ah sounds cool. im interested

Cool
  • Options
    I'd definitely love this! Would you be running it? X

I dont know really.. Maybe. Will just have to see.
  • Options
    Would be cool if you can run it :)
  • Options
    Would be cool if you can run it :)

Aw thank you. :heart:

Ill see what I can do.
  • Options
    I'd be up for it :)
  • Options
    I'd be up for it :)

Good stuff
  • Options
    Who would the films be nominated by and what would they be nominated for? Would they be films that are nominated for major awards (such as the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, BAFTAs), or films that people on here would nominate? Would we be voting on best film, best actor, best director etc. like they do in awards ceremonies?
  • Options
    Robert wrote: ยป
    Who would the films be nominated by and what would they be nominated for? Would they be films that are nominated for major awards (such as the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, BAFTAs), or films that people on here would nominate? Would we be voting on best film, best actor, best director etc. like they do in awards ceremonies?

I'm not 100% sure on how it will all work yet. I need to speak to the mods. I think its gonna be trial and error as we havent had film club in ages on here.
  • Options
    Hey so....

I've spoken to the staff team, and I think film club is going to be going ahead. :thumb:

• Options
  • Options
    ๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ–’

I'm just trying to figure out how I am going to actually start it.
  • Options
  • Options

ermm how do you want it to work? because people could always PM you film suggestions and you can pull them from a hat and go from there.. would that work? i dunno..

Thats actually a good idea. I'll have a think. Like I said it's trial and error cos its not been done in years on here.
  • Options
  • Options
    Cool :thumb:
  • Options
    Will it have its own sub-forum within Travel and Free Time?
  • Options
    I dont know yet. Im still in communication with the staff team to see what is gonna work best for the community. When we have decided there will be a thread posted. Hope this helps
  • Options
    Just an update tonight I am going to post a thread about the start of film club so keep an eye out for it. :)
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Just an update tonight I am going to post a thread about the start of film club so keep an eye out for it. :)

:yippe:
  • Options
    Im so excited :heart: