Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
I've just been discharged. I had leave on the weekend to see how it would go. But it didn't go well at all but I've still been completely discharged I feel let down. They said i couldn't leave with my mindset and by the time I do leave I won't be suicidal. But all of a sudden yesterday they was kicking me out after attempting to kill myself. Either I'm to much work or they dont have any beds. I don't ever feel safe. I was asking for their help and they completely ignored me. I'm ignoring calls from crisis team. I just wanted some more help before i leave. I get to point i dont know what I'm doing. I dont know what to do
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Shaunie,

It's crappy that you feel so let down by these guys, and I can totally hear why. :( Did they give you an explanation as to why you couldn't stay?

I do just want to say that in amongst all this, it is really positive that you were actively seeking help from the people looking after you. You seemed understandably very unsettled and isolated when you were sectioned (going by your previous thread), and going from that stage to the point where you're wanting and asking for their help shows such an amazing journey. I'm not sure if you agree, this is purely my own observation, but I thought I'd point it out as the difference in your mindset seems noticeable. Despite what's happening now, that's something to be proud of yourself for. *hug*

How are you feeling about things today? Have you been in touch with the crisis team at all?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    I could stay because a month is a long time and wasn't getting any better but surely my safety is more important.
    Yesterday they came unexpected I asked to be discharged from it and said I don't want any help now because I ask for it and it doesn't happen.
    But today I'm feeling fine. They said they might ring me today to see if Ive changed my mind and I have so hopefully they didn't actually discharge me. But probably have and now probably have no support.
    Thank you for replying
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi I hope that it went ok .. and that you have some support .
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shaunie, had you ever been an inpatient at a psychiatric hospital before this previous time? If so, what was it like then?

Why are you ignoring the crisis team? They might help you.
  • Options
    Thank you both for your replies. They rang me again & said tot them I dont want there help. I was with adult eating disorders having therapy and with adult mental health services before being in hospital and now I told them to discharge me. They said they won't get because I'm not in the right state of mind and just isolating myself. I dont jnow whats wrong with me. I want the help but just keep saying no when it comes to it.
    I've never been in hospital before that time