Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tattoo Pain- 3 Tattoos in and still havent spoken to my parents

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
I posted back in Dec that I got a tattoo of a feather with the words stay strong on my wrist because I was going through a touch time whilst since then I have got 2 more tattoos that I got the other week. My parents still don't know about any of my tattoos. I got another tattoo on my other wrist saying forever in my heart (since i lost my friend back in Sep) and one on my foot saying family with leaves and birds (just to remind me that my family is important)

​Still don't have the confidence to speak to my parents about it. My aunt knows about all 3 tattoos. she came with me to get the other 2 done and even paid for them for me!!!

Comments

• Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Hi Laura,

First of all they sound lovely! So jealous, I want one on the bottom left of my right palm, a triangle but am also worried about how the family will react. Scene as you already have them done theres not much point stressing over the fact that they don't know, you could tell them and face it straight on, if you really want to get it out.
    Or you could ask you aunt to brake the news. I think it's awesome she went with you.

But if your happy not telling them, then theres no harm in them not knowing :) but it probably would be hard to hide them sooner or later.
  • Options
    Hi Distraction
    ​Yeah the tattoos were all done for different purposes and I like them all equally. If you want a tattoo go ahead and get one. I'm going to have to tell my family soon before they end up noticing because it will just get me into more trouble. I think I'm going to ask my aunt to tell them for me because I cant do it myself. Yeah my aunt went with me and paid for them for me, she knew that I was going through a tough time and that I wanted them for that sake and she thought it was sweet. Yeh its best telling them sooner rather than later
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Hope it goes well for you and hopefully ur aunt can soften them up to the idea a bit

All the best
  • Options
    Yeah hopefully. She is away from tomorrow for a few weeks so wont be able to speak to her but after that I will do. Might text her and then she can reply when she gets the chance. Thanks.

​Please comment on my cousin update post please need support
  • Options
    An update on this situation. My parents still don't know about my tattoos because my aunty isn't back yet (Gets back on the 5th March) and then when shes back I'm going to speak to her about how I don't feel I can tell my parents about the tattoos although they were done for important reason to me but I don't feel they will see it like that so that she can talk to them for me x

​Distraction- have you got a tattoo yet?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Laura, how do you think your parents will react about it?
    Before my 18th birthday I mentioned getting a tattoo to my mum and she 100% against it so I just went on my own the day after I turned 18 and never told her haha, it was on my hip so I could hide it mostly. Then one day we were going through my 18th birthday cards from the party I had and she had read this one particular card before me, I read it and the note inside said 'I bought this card because the bird on the front reminds me of your tattoo'.
    I panicked but she never said anything to me, then it was just known but never brought up as a serious thing
  • Options
    Hi Sammy. Thanks for the reply. I think my parents will be annoyed that I have had the tattoos done without them knowing although I am nearly 20 so it should be my decision. The tattoos were done for different reason and were important to me.
    ​The stay strong tattoo was done to remind me to stay strong when things get tough, forever in my heard tattoo was done as a memory of when I lost my friend back in Sep and the family tattoo was done to remind me family is important.
    ​At least your mum knows about the tattoo now and at obviously doesn't mind you having it done, at the end of the day its youre body so you should decide. 2 of my tattoos are on my wrist so they are hard to hide but the one on my foot is easy to hide.