Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

self harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had to go to a nurse last week to stitch up my cut. I really didnt want to but my social worker made me. She also took the object under my skin out and I just poured out crying in my social workers arms and then I was very angry because it was like she took something of mine away from me?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry you're struggling, but your social worker did the right thing to remove an object that doesn't belong there. If she had given it back to you, would you feel better? So long as you didn't try to place it back under your skin? Things will be okay. If you need someone to talk to you're welcome to message me.
  • Options
    I didn't want the object back after it had been taken out. I wanted the object staying in.
  • Options
    I can't evan do it anymore. I'm at a dead end and there's only one way..to jump. My feelings are so intense. There's no going back. I don't feel anything just the wind on my skin
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    This is worrying why hasent anyone come and helped Beth?
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Hi Beth,

Keep holding on, just a day at a time, u got this, It's really shitty when it feels like this but it's the way things are and we just have to keep going because if we let it take over and let it end, we don't know what will be and could be and it hurts like hell and it's so overwhelming but we get stronger each day, even if we feel worse,

Keep ur head up sunshine, we're here for you x
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Oh Beth, I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling, this sounds AWFUL for you! How are you feeling today, it seems like you had a tough one yesterday?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    For if anyone cares I tried to do something but I've seen the crisis team at home today and they're transferring me to the early intervention team because I'm only 15 they will come and do an assesment on Monday. Crisis team gave me some meds to sleep for the weekend
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Aww Beth, I care. We care. I'm glad you're getting support from the crisis team now, you sound like you had another awful day yesterday :(. How are you feeling today?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hey Beth,

So sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time. How are you getting on today?

It sounds like your feelings have been really intense and that you're at the end of your tether, but you're doing so great by posting on here and engaging with the crisis support team :yes:

Remember if things are still getting really overwhelming or intense, you could get in touch with Papyrus or Samaritans to talk through things in those moments.

Sending you loads of hugs and support for tomorrow; let us know how you get on

*hug**hug*
  • Options
    Ive cut again today but not seeing anyone untill Friday so I guess the object will stay where it is as no-one will know. My social worker says its dangerous but it actually makes me feel confident.Had my assesment Monday and they want a meeting with my social worker and me on Friday.
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    please be careful.