Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is she stringing him along?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine has taken a girl on several dates over a period of a couple of months. She wouldn't let him kiss her until the third date, and even then it was just a quick peck. They still haven't had a French kiss. He expected to be in a sexual relationship with her well before now. She told him that she needs to date someone for a long time before getting physical, that's she's shy, reserved etc. She told him that she can't understand how some girls have sex after only a few dates, and that she's never been like that.

I've found out for certain that she had a one-night stand with a stranger earlier this month, which she really enjoyed. Can anyone explain why she would do that - and should I tell my friend about her hookup?

Comments

• Options
    It might be because with the one night stand it was a casual thing on a night out, whereas with your friend she could genuinely be interested in him and getting to know him, It's not uncommon for people to not kiss until the third date, some people like to take things slow
  • Options
    She has said that she has never and would never kiss - let alone have sex with - anyone unless she has been dating him for a long time. She's said that she can't understand why any girl would have casual sex - which is why I'm surprised that she's done exactly that.

I don't mind whether she jumps into bed with strangers or likes to wait a year. My problem is the hypocrisy and dishonesty. She's lying to my friend.