Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not coping well

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been wanting to post for a while but just haven't done. I've been feeling really low recently, I can't remember the last time I felt this bad. I don't know if it's because of a new med I've been put on or whether it's to do with the amount of change I've got coming up.

Anyway last night was kinda bad. Ended up self harming quite badly and support worker requested I get it checked so I did and I thought that would be it but the doctor there wouldn't let me leave until he spoke to my support worker.

He ended up telling her that he thinks I need to go to hospital and support worker agreed because I've been unwell recently. Had to sit in the ambulance for a bit but I refused to let them take me in and in the end crisis team got involved and calmed the situation so luckily I got left alone.

I'm freaking out today though I just feel like I'm screwed. I just wanted to feel better I don't need so much fuss. I feel like its going to carry on today and I can't be arsed it's not going to help.

Anyway I just don't know what to do or how to feel better. Wondered if y'all could maybe help?

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Butterfly123, you are taking a great step posting here. In your post you said that you have been wanting to post for a while, so well doing for doing so :). I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling really low, it sounds like you are going through a really difficult time. You are doing really well to post here and ask for advice on how to feel better. For some people writing down how they feel helpful and a great release to get any worries off their mind. Do you find writing down your feelings or reflecting on your day helpful?

In your post you said that the new medication that you have been put on could be the reason why you are feeling low. Have you spoken to your GP or support worker about the side effects you are experiencing? There is a charity called YoungMinds that have information on a range of medications which might be useful to read up about medication side effects. You can find this here.

If you ever need crisis support, do feel free to contact Samaritans on 116 123 or at jo@samaritans.org.

Do feel free to keep posting here whenever you like, we are all here for you :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤