Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emotional and worried about my cousin starting his chemo today- is this normal?

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So as you may have seen from my other posts, my cousin has got to have chemo and it starts today. I'm feeling really emotional and worried about it all. is this normal to feel like this?
​I have work later and I don't know if I should go because I am continually crying at the moment and don't know if work would help to be distracted. at the time that I agreed to tonight shift I knew it would be the day he starts his chemo but didn't think I would be emotional as I am today! I wondered if maybe I should mention it to the supervisor when I get in so she knows how I'm feeling! what u suggest? She knows I have family stuff going on because she was in a meeting with me on Monday when this was brought up!! I know she would be understanding about the whole situation if I was to tell her the reason but I just don't know if its the right thing to do!

Comments

• Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    We have already had this conversation in pm so Good luck Laura, message me later lovely x