Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Update on my cousin

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
My cousin had a major operation back in January. Anyway he is due to start his chemo a week tomorrow and I'm worried because its got to be strong chemo and if it doesn't work then he has up to a year left to live. he is only in his mid 30s so I really hope this wont happen because of the sake of his family.

Comments

• Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hey Laura, I truly wish the best for your cousin and hope goes well with chemo. Do keep reaching out on here if you need to talk.
    You are all in our thoughts, Nikki x
  • Options
    Hi Nikki. Thanks for the reply. Thank you and I feel reach out if I need to talk. This means a lot. Laura
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Hi,

I know some good family friends who are going through very similar situations, it is extremely difficult but my best advice is to be in the moment, when ur around him try not to think about what might be, what's going to happen is going to happen, don't waste time worrying.

Does he have young kids, a partner?

All you can do to help the family is to support them, listen and be there for them, I've no dout u already are

If u want to talk,talk away we're, here to listen
  • Options
    Hi Distraction. Thanks for the post. Thanks for the advice I will try it but its not easy. Yes he has a partner and a 1 year old kid. Yes I am trying to support the family as much as possible right now to being there to listen to them or to give some money to help support them. At the weekend I've chosen to resign from my job as I feel my family is more important right now then having my job and I cant have the stress of working putting a strain on things. It is a hard decision to make because there are certain members of staff that have helped me lots and I'm going to miss but then others that have caused stress and upset so I`ll be glad to leave them. Thanks for saying that you are there to talk if needed. (Distraction ive sent you a private message!!!)

​Hi Nikki. Ive decided to resign from my job in order to support my family more through this time. Things are extremely hard for me at the moment because of the whole family situation and I'm still worrying even though I know he will be in the best hands possible. I don't sleep much because of the worry.

​Thanks both for the reply and support
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hi Lura I'm so sorry to hear what's going on for you right now :(

Sounds like there is alot of decisions to make right now and thats understanable
    I just want to say you are not alone.
  • Options
    Hi One in a million
    Thanks for the post
    Yeah it's so hard and yeh there is hard decisions to be made right now and at times I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing. Thanks for saying I'm now along that means a lot. Always here for you too.