Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Achievements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A place to share achievements!

Here's mine: Today I shared the intrusive thought that I have been panicking about more than any other intrusive thought for the past two months with the one person I was most frightened to tell. My worst fears were that they were going to think that I'm a bad person and that I would feel even worse than I've already been feeling after telling them. The opposite happened - they didn't even understand why I would think that they would think badly of me and I feel a lot better now. I'm baffled at how much anxiety can twist things in my mind but it's given me the confidence that my other anxiety fears will turn out not to be true.

Comments

• Options
    FeatheredDreamsFeatheredDreams Posts: 91 Budding Regular
    I got an unconditional offer for a great university this week if i make it my firm choice :D I was crying at like 3am (when i read the email) because i was so happy LOL. It's part of a high achievers thingy and so I also have a higher chance of getting a scholarship (an extra £1-2k per year) if I chose to accept that offer. Took a LOAD off my mind let me tell you ahaha.

So my achievement is..qualififying for an unconditonal offer in the first place :D
  • Options
    FeatheredDreamsFeatheredDreams Posts: 91 Budding Regular
    Aidan wrote: »
    Well done! Fingers crossed for you at uni
    Anywhere nice? (this is where you'll probably say cambridge and I'll shrink into nothingness xD)

Thank you !!

And pfft, nope..not a russel group, though I have a conditional offer from a russel group uni too (university of leeds) xD
    My unconditional is at Coventry Univsersity :D
  • Options
    Hey @Sam123,

I love this post idea.

I have recently signed up to do a 10K charity run in May and I've never done one before so the training leading up to it is going to be a great achievement in itself. I has been an achievement to take the first step and I'm looking forward to it because I've only ever completed fundraising walks.

I can't wait for the feeling I will gain after completing the run. Hopefully, I will achieve my fundraising target for the British Heart Foundation.

:heart:
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing your achievements everyone! I feel so happy reading these 😊
  • Options
    Aidan wrote: »
    I e-mailed college (the one I dropped out of last year) explaining my mental issues, and they were suprisingly understanding. They said they'd send me an application pack and said I could discuss any type of support at the pre-entry interview, so it's nice they think I'll even get an interview, I guess.

That's great! Let us know how the interview goes when you have it