Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

When you are out places

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you hate using the public toilets at malls and places like that?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definitely
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Yes, I never know how clean they are and the fact that people are also there, even in my house I don't really like going if someone is up stairs, bit silly I know but hey ho
    Yes, I never know how clean they are and the fact that people are also there, even in my house I don't really like going if someone is up stairs, bit silly I know but hey ho

I think lots of people hate using them
    I thought they were going to clean the toilets at school during the holidays but they haven't and I'm not going to say anything because they don't listen anyway. Today when I was waiting for the bus before school no one was there at first so I did it in my underwear and no one knew the whole day. I even went to the mall after school with my friends and they didn't know either so I'm going to do it every day now.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Hi Jason, as scary as it is going to the toilets in public (i have that issue) i wouldnt reccommend doing it in your underwear as it can lead to infections. A few months ago i wouldnt use my friends toilet and went back to sleep, i soiled myself and luckily nobody knew. But it can lead to infections. As hard as it is try waiting for restrooms to be a bit quieter, thats what i do. I hate using restrooms only because i get paranoid of others.

Kayden
    I have a shower when I get home and I did it every day last year because of the toilets but I never got an infection. I think its because I always take nullo tablets.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Have you ever thought about speaking to someone about your difficulty of using public toilets? It may be a good step in helping you feel more at ease
    Well I have but I don't want anyone to know. How did you get used to using the toilets out places
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    That doesnt sound very hygienic.
    I use to be scared of using publuc toilets but doesnt bother me now.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hi Shaunie

I know its not but the toilets at school are even more unhygienic plus I always change my underwear when I get home anyway
    My grade went on an excursion to Australia zoo today so because I knew we were going to be there the whole day I did it in my underwear while we were waiting for the bus to take us there. The zoo was awesome and no one in my grade knew and neither at the zoo.
  • micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hi Jason2017au,

This topic has come up a few times in the short time I've been here at The Mix, so you are definitely not alone in feeling uncomfortable using public toilets. If you're looking to stop going in your underwear, in order to avoid potential infections, perhaps you could bring disinfecting wipes/anti-bacterial wipes with you to clean the toilets before you use them. Maybe just throw a packet of them in your school bag and grab one or two on your way to the toilet.

Hope that helps!
    - Mica
    Hi Mica,

I though about that but what abut the things that live in the water in the pipes and the toilet. People get bitten by them and sometimes they die like one of my friends cousin.