Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Urghh

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I am struggling so much with my suicidal thoughts, nightmares, flashbacks, self harm and everything is just so overwhelming at the minute and with my parents not seeming to care then what is the point!
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    There is no point. Unless your doing it for you, and it gets better when it gets better. The nightmares and flashbacks do stop eventually, it's just about waiting it out, it's sh*t but you have to give it time (you've probably heard that a dozen times no doubt) as for the suicidal thoughts and self harm, am not sure what to say, am struggling with that myself, I think its just about holding onto what matters, holding onto what you want in live and trying to get there no matter what (easier said than done). I don't know if this would help u but instead of harming I try to write words or draw symbols on my arm, or go for a shower

Am sorry if this is just rubbish advice/chatting.

You'r not alone
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello,
    I've had symptoms of PTSD so I know how awful flashbacks and nightmares could be and how it makes you feel. My mum has suffered from mental and physical health problems for a very long time so I know how it feels when your parent/guardian can't care for you. Our situations may be completely different but I believe the way we are feeling are quite similar. I want to reassure you that it may seem like there is no hope right now but there is always a way to get through it even if you can't see it just yet. Please stay strong. I really do understand how difficult it may be but you're not alone and we are here to listen and support you.
    Sending you my best,
    Sedz.