Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Serious question

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
I've been having a frightening thought since lastnight. How long after rape can you have a early miss carriage? Can it be as early as 4hours after? Do you think you can feel it deep down in your body that you have had one? I do and this thought is real. So please be gentle. It's wierd that I am only thinking about this now but maybe it's been in the back of my mind and I've tried to push it away. I had severe bleeding 4hours after the rape and it hasent stopped. I don't get as much now but I do a little (it's not period blood) I have just found this lastnight..
If the bleeding doesn’t tail off or stop after two weeks or so, you may need extra care from hospital doctors. The bleeding may mean there are some pregnancy tissues left in your womb (uterus). This is called an incomplete miscarriage and may need treatment.

I need someone to tell me if it's possible to have an early miss carriage as early as 4hours?

I'm not going to put this in sex and relationships because what happened I wouldn't call sex and it wasent a relationship.

Comments

• Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Steph. I can honestly say you wouldn't have been having a miscarriage after that amount of time.The sperm needs to meet an egg, assuming already that it has happened around the time of the month you release one, and then it takes around 6-10 days for that embryo to implant in the womb and start creating a pregnancy, which of course could then miscarry. If the two don't meet, or the embryo doesn't imbed, there is no pregnancy to lose. In a 4 hour timeframe it's unlikely the two would even have met, let alone begun to imbed and create a pregnancy. I know this as I am currently pregnant and spent quite a while trying to get pregnant, so I know a fair amount about how it all works.

What that means, however, is that your bleeding was not a miscarriage but of course was probably from the trauma. Did you get checked out at the time? Just because it wasn't pregnancy related, doesn't mean it might not be worth making sure you were fully examined and there were no lasting issues.

Hope you're doing ok and this helps a little.

Cat x
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Thanks for that information Cat x
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    No worries Steph, hope it reassured you :)