Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eastenders tonight

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
Eastenders was an emotional one tonight I won't use the word trigger because I wasent triggered. I don't think I can be triggered I've had the most worsest and most voilent intrusive images and voices I dont think I can be triggered anyway. I would much rather people be able to speak to me about absolutely anything than keep it to themselves. I would say it was emotional. I don't care what people say to me or what I see as long as they're safe. I have had it all myself so Im not surprised or triggered. It really hit hard tonight's show Lee stood on top of a multi story car park and sat on the edge and the carpark wardon came out and she did a great job at talking to Lee and then Lee grabbed the carpark wardons hand and was bought to safety. I've been in that position but instead of grabbing the car park wardons hand he called the police and I was bought to safety. I think tonight's show is going to get talked about a lot because so many of us has been in that place and I just want to send love out to all those who have been💙💚

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Lovely post Steph. You're right that these storylines are great for getting people to open up and talk even though they're hard to watch. Sending hugs your way too for what you've been through :) x
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Thankyou Cat x
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I think even though eastenders isn't real, it has a massive impact on real life. My dads works in the services and he says that after a big story there are always loads of people who reach out and get help. Like after the rape story with dean ect. Loads of people reached out and got help.

Although it is very hard to watch these types of things, so to those who are struggling, don't stay silent because there are alot of people about who want to support you!

Much love :heart::heart::heart::heart:
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I thought I'de just put this down in eastenders as I'm still talking about soaps but OMFG Rhona needs to get out in Emmerdale. She's been raped twice by that prick.