Homeβ€Ί Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Poem that helped me

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Hi guys, I was talking on here last night about being sexually bullied for a short while during school. I spoke about how far I have come since then. Any way I remember back in 2014 while seeing a counsellor I wrote a poem about how I felt. I thought I would share it as after I wrote it I felt quite a lot better. Prehaps it may give others some ideas for a way of coping?

I will just say I am more into writing stories so I'm not very good at poetry and I apologise if it doesn't quite make sense or sound like a poem.

Was it funny?

Was it funny to watch me quiver when touching me in ways that made me shiver.
Was it funny to hear my voice as it cracked when I said "stop now that's enough"
Was it funny to hear me sigh when I said "stop" you laughed and asked "why"
Was it funny to see me give up. I Let you carry on while my eyes filled up.

Was it funny when I lied if a teacher asked "what's wrong" I told them I was fine.

Was it funny to see me low but I hid my feelings so no one would know

Was it funny to make your jokes saying "I'd love to give it to you" then telling me I was ugly, fat and had no hopes. Of being loved or even liked. I should be grateful for your efforts to touch me and comment like they were your rights.

Do you see the damage you have done, your actions and words left me feeling numb. Ive cried and cried until my tears dried up. There is none left now. Im finished, I'm done!
What's my life worth now for I can not see. What I'd done for you to do this to me.

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    πŸ’›πŸ’œ
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey one-in-a-million,
    That was an amazing poem! You should be sooo proud of yourself for how far you've come since the incident! You're very talented at writing even if I do say so myself :angel: Equally, really nice that you put this up to help others who may be struggling. Hope you have a nice day :heart:
    Speak soon,
    Drea:heart:
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi Drea, I'm glad you liked it :). It is something I am very passionate about (helping people in this situation) I did a lot of posts when I used childline in high school about how to recognise it, stop it, seek help and prevent it.

I suppose it's because it happened to me and there was that many people who watched or ignored it when they could of helped me.
    It's not talked about enough in school but it is one of the most common types of bullying and we see it all the time, even if we don't recognise it.

I also feel the need to get the message out there that they are not alone. I remember wishing someone would make sense of what was going on, why I felt the way I did and support me.

I always wondered if someone had told me what was going on (as I didn't understand it) prehaps I would have had the courage ro report it sooner than I did or feel more able to stand up for myself and be assertive.

Thanks

Emma
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Steph95 wrote: Β»
    πŸ’›πŸ’œ

❀️😊