Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feel sad

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
I'm crying It's really sad as my counsellor said endings are hard and goodbyes. I've had 11 sessions with Themix counselling. I've got my final one 12th one in a fortnight. I was crying on the phone just so I'll be sobbing in a fortnight😢 we've really got to know each other and I've shared a lot with her. I feel sad😢

Comments

• Options
    😪😪😪
  • Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Steph, how are you doing today? Sorry to hear you are going through a bad time, can you tell me more about how you are feeling regarding the ending?

Endings with counsellors are always hard especially when you have shared so much with them. However, it is positive that you did found a connection with your counsellor. Were they any other positive aspects of your counselling experience?

With your current mood, is there any one your trust like a family member or friend, that you can talk to about how you are feeling? Here's some info on easing sadness that you might find helpful. :yes:

These are boards are always here for you to talk if you ever want to. We are here to listen and support.

Sending hugs *hug*

• Options
    Hi Nikki

I'm alright. I'm just sad about it becoming the ending because we've got on well.

I think a positive aspect of the sessions is that we got on well.

No I don't talk to my family about how I'm feeling we haven't got that relationship.

Thankyou💓
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Therapy/counselling endings are tough!!

Do you feel you have learned a lot of stuff to take on board? :)
  • Options
    What do you mean?
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Like do you have any techniques to managing things after your counselling, or learned new ways to help you feel better?
  • Options
    Not really
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hey Steph, I'm sorry to hear that counselling isn't help you with any new ways to manage things. I hope there is still some way you can continue the positive side of things even when counselling ends. Have you asked your counsellor for any suggestions on how to cope once they finish?
  • Options
    It's not a bad thing but I'm still here so somehow I manage so I don't need ways to manage.

Just going to miss talking to the counselor I've been talking to for the last 11 sessions. We've gotten to know each other and knowing that I'm not going to have my phone ringing from her after the next week coming. It's sad😢

I'll be prowling with tears on our 12th session the next week coming. I might just email her and tell her I'm happy for us to end on the 11th session because I don't want to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Steph,

Really sorry to hear you're feeling upset at the moment. It can feel really overwhelming and scary when you are about to lose a form of support that has been so significant for you. Your sessions with your counsellor will have been extremely personal, so the process of coming to the end might cause you to feel a bit more vulnerable and sensitive.

It's good that you're thinking about the positive aspects of your sessions and hopefully you can take this to help you move forward and learn new ways of coping :yes: Have you seen this thread 'How to cope with finishing counselling'? It's a couple years old but you might find some useful tips in there :chin:

Keep talking to us if it helps *hug*