Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Meds causing erectile dysfunction problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I take blood pressure medication and for my anxiety and that has caused me some erectile dysfunction problems. Thus, I went to my urologist and he prescribed me some medications. On top of that my girlfriend suffers from anxiety and gets frustrated about my problem. She demands that I talk to her during sex but I am not the talktive type during sex and do not know what to say during sex. It seems that anything i say or do is not good enough but not all the time.

Comments

• DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hi Hermes,

Sorry for the lack of replies! It's been a while since you've posted this and hope you have had better days since! A lot of males suffer from erectile dysfunction and it really is very common, so please don't feel like you're alone in this :) Anxiety is a frustrating thing and can be quite a setback in many situations, but good for you for speaking out about your anxiety. It could be an idea to go to your doctor and tell him the side effects you are having from your medication, as he/she could be able to offer you other solutions or prescribe other medication. Although your girlfriend gets frustrated about your problem, you have no reason to feel bad because it's not something you can necessarily help, nor did you choose to have erectile dysfunction problems. It could be good to talk to her and explain that you don't know what to say during sex and how it makes you feel. You deserve to be happy, and none of this is your fault.

Hope to hear from you soon, and apologies for the lack of replies again!

Best wishes,
    Drea :)