Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New and Confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello guys,
I've just joined this site and I'm not quite sure how it all works. I've come on here as I have a few long term mental health issues but have just been diagnosed with depression on top of them and also have been suffering badly from depersonalisation recently. I'm stuck waiting for treatment and I'm struggling intermittently with suicidal and self harm ideation so I'm reaching for everything that I can.
If anyone could tell me a bit more about how to use the site, or just give a friendly word from a current user I would appreciate it :)

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Heya Phoebe, and welcome to the community. :wave: Props to you for reaching out.

It sucks to hear that things are pretty bad at the mo, but hopefully we'll be able to help out where we can. You're more than welcome to go ahead and post about what you mentioned in our Health & Wellbeing forum, and of course feel free to have a look around and get stuck in elsewhere if the mood takes you. We have quite a handy Start Here section which should have a few useful bits and pieces to read through. :)

I'm Mike, one of the moderators you'll see floating around here from time to time. You can drop The Mix staff team a message on their account here if you have any questions or queries, or post in the Help Desk.

I hope that helps, and welcome again! *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.