Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys! Need a little advice!

So I've been talking to a girl for a week, she's said we should meet up a couple times in conversation but nothing has come of it yet cause our schedules just haven't met up. We've talked every night but it always seems to be me initiating the conversation... she always replies straight away and we'll have a conversation for an hour or so. I decided not to initiate this time so we've not talked in a couple days. Should I just leave it? See if she talks first? Send her a text? This is bloody confusing 😂

Comments

• Options
    It is so confusing :) Maybe just leave it another day or two, and then ask her how she's been? She sounds interested, but she also sounds nervous, which might be why she finds it hard to initiate conversation. :)
  • Options
    I agree with Bea, maybe shes a little nervous and doesn't know what to put first. The fact that when you text her she replies straight away suggests shes keen?

Personally I would try to meet up again, if she keeps making up excuses maybe this could be a sign? You sound like you really like her so I wouldn't give up just yet, have you tried telling her how you feel?
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean she initiated the conversation to begin with and we seemed to just click. I just don't want to come across as clingy. its so hard to read things over text but at the same time its only been a week, its pretty chill and i don't wanna ruin it and sound super serious. I can't win haha I was in a relationship for 4.5 years and i've been single for a year so i feel very out of touch with what to do !
  • Options
    I know it's really hard to "play it cool" when you find someone you like! But honestly, it's the best thing you can do. I'm not saying never talk to her, but pretend as if it's not the only thing in the world that matters to you ;)
  • Options
    If its only been a week its still early days. You seem to be really enjoying talking to her and worried about what she thinks of you which shows you care.

You say you've been single for a year so you feel out of touch, this is totally normal :) Why not carry on talking like you are, get to know her a little better? Remember the more you two get to know each other the more likely it is that you will both become more comfortable and confident with each other. If after time shes still not initiating conversations you will probably have a much clearer idea of whether this is going to go anywhere or not.

Dating/meeting/talking to somebody new is supposed to be exciting, if shes said you should both meet up a couple of times I'm sure you will with time :) How did you get talking to her?

• Options
    We talked for a little bit on Sunday, and she said we really should go for drinks, so i said yeah give me a shout cause we are both had things on at the start of the week but we've not talked since. Don't really want to initiate conversation when i left the ball in her court... I'm so bad at this :lol: Can't work out if she is just being polite or wanting me to arrange something!
    We got talking on an app, kinda like tinder haha
  • Options
    Do you want to meet her? If she's suggested meeting up it sounds like she's keen but maybe wants you to 'ask her out'.
    If you want to I would say go for it, what do you have to loose!

Good luck, speak soon :)